General non sporting cinqs

Currently reading:
General non sporting cinqs

mrf94

Is there anyone out there who has 899cc cinqs, and like me isnt in to all the modifications, and just wants to chat or swap ideas on maintenance etc.
everywhere i look its tuning and side skirts, there has to be more like me out there,you know older and greyer than all you young ones

mrf94

Got a sporting, but it's lightly modded. Am into own maintenance (you have to be with a Cinq!) and also gather I'm at least 15 years older than the average cruise goer and chat room visitor!

Going bald and grey too !

Pete.
Cinq sporting
http://mysite.freeserve.com/close_to_cracking_up/
ICQ 128053114

have got a highly modified sporting but am very interested in the standard 900cc cars.
a few things i know:
regular oil changes essential to preserve the hydraulic tappetts.
noisy tappetts can be cured by giving the car a good thrash!
if the tappetts are worn out a standard mechanical camtrain can be fitted off a panda.

the gearchange is not very good

brakes and suspension are common to both 900 and sportings

a good upgrade is to it slightly shorter springs off a sporting
also sporting alloys (about £120-£150 a set second hand)

i have a leather wheel that will fit the 900 if you are interested £15

they also made a 700cc cinq with the 126 bis engine!

i have a friend with a 900 soleil who also has a Seicento Sporting so if you want to know anything specific give me a shout on 07798 612697 as i don't check this list regularly

Thanks Rob
all noted am suffering overheating at the moment, checks seem to point to thermal fan switch, going to warm it up now with meter in line see if it shuts,.
Fan runs when wires leading to switch are connected together,still its an excuse to clean rad out.

And pete seen your site have similar type of stress with grandchildren
allthough one i think is going to be another "tinkerer"like me,.
thanks guys,

[email protected]

I have a Cinq Sporting from '95.

Last year it overheated every time the weather was warm.

The radiator didn't seem too bad... But when I gave a closer inspection it turned out that it was a bit worn.

I talked to other Cinq owners, and learned that the radiator at best is ok when new, but when it starts to corrode it very quickly looses the abillity to cool the engine sufficiently :-(

I ordered a new radiator from my local Fiat dealer, and when I got it it turned out to be 2-3 cm's wider than the original one!

Since I swapped the old radiator with the new one, I haven't had any overheating problems :)

My point being: check your radiator very closely - especially at the bottom... If it's a bit corroded -> change it :)

--
Kind regards from Denmark,
Søren C. Fischer

hi mrf94,
i have a red 899cc cinq im in the middle of restoring since a friend of mine took it on a rally to italy an back, i've had her in a garage for a year doing bits and bobs to her till i found 2 fist size holes in the back arches, im wondering if shes worth weldin up or just letting her go, i had a problem with the over heating but it fixed itself b4 i had a chance to look at it. also any ideas where i can get modding parts for her as everywhere ive looked parts are either too big or cnt get them especially alloys

I have a 1.1 sporting, its going to end up quite modified but this is not your average joe go faster stripes modification.
Its going to end up being my cheep track toy. (26 and drive a jag XJ8, also enjoy radio 4!)

I think im old before my time

hi mrf94,
i have a red 899cc cinq im in the middle of restoring since a friend of mine took it on a rally to italy an back, i've had her in a garage for a year doing bits and bobs to her till i found 2 fist size holes in the back arches, im wondering if shes worth weldin up or just letting her go, i had a problem with the over heating but it fixed itself b4 i had a chance to look at it. also any ideas where i can get modding parts for her as everywhere ive looked parts are either too big or cnt get them especially alloys

That has to be the best regeneration of a thread ever, well done.

Cheers

D

Hi MRF 94,
I am another going grey and bald 899cinq fan. I currently have 2 that i look after a 97 s bought new for my wifes mother with 17k miles! which i have maintained since new and a recent €100 97sx which I am currently trying to fix up for my daughter with limited success as you will see for my other thread. My daughter has taken a shine to it already.
So there are a few out there that can live without 1400 conversions

Moss

I am a 36 year old male who owns an aqua 93 cinq 899(that the we call gok).Its totally standard,and i love it!Done the modified thing on mk2 punto. Gets me to work and back every day,nearly 200 miles a week and has never let me down.There is no rust at all on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Milage is 89000 so quite low for year and tappets dont tap! All in all a fab little car that makes me smile!

I am a 36 year old male who owns an aqua 93 cinq 899(that the we call gok).Its totally standard,and i love it!Done the modified thing on mk2 punto. Gets me to work and back every day,nearly 200 miles a week and has never let me down.There is no rust at all on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Milage is 89000 so quite low for year and tappets dont tap! All in all a fab little car that makes me smile!

good to hear but i bet i could find some rust on it :p

Ash

we must compare rust spots on our cars :) my 93 red cinq is in the very slow process of being restored by me.just had a new engine put in but still not finished just a few cables now....:D

i own a 94 899 cinq which has currently done 75k miles it was still running but i was very concious about driving it due to the engine sounding like it was dying. every time i started the car it barley reved at all on start up and felt like it had no ummph at all. my next step is dropping an 1108 into it and a few mods. has anyone else ever dropped a 1108 in an 899?

Been done to death, search forum and FAQ's but why swap for a 1108 when you can get 1108 cinqs?

i own a 94 899 cinq which has currently done 75k miles it was still running but i was very concious about driving it due to the engine sounding like it was dying. every time i started the car it barley reved at all on start up and felt like it had no ummph at all. my next step is dropping an 1108 into it and a few mods. has anyone else ever dropped a 1108 in an 899?

TADA

http://fiat-scotland.com/fiat/upload/showthread.php?11556-My-899-to-1242-cento-project-

thats ycming's

Ash

okey doke cheers ash, ill use his swap as a guide, ive got all the parts i need i think to carry out the swap hopefully we dont run into any problems. the mods i am using are a gsr, trickker 40mm, 75 cam, mckritch chip, kv85 leads. ill let u know how i get on cheers

Back