Technical Noise from 1997 Fiat Panda 4x4 from underside of car

Currently reading:
Technical Noise from 1997 Fiat Panda 4x4 from underside of car

lawmacmoore

Greetings, I just got a 1997 Fiat Panda 4x4 and believe I have a noise coming from the underside. I've attached a video of it. It sounds like a metallic/mechanical noise during acceleration, and I notice it while driving too.

Any and all input is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

theres a bracket at the back of the engine block that is meant to support the exhaust down pipe which will have detached. the bolt may have fallen out or just rusted off.. use a hose clamp to re-attach it to the bracket to fix it.
i had the same sound on my 4x4 and that was the cause :D fix it soon though as it will ware a hole in the exhaust as it rubs the mount.

theres a bracket at the back of the engine block that is meant to support the exhaust down pipe which will have detached. the bolt may have fallen out or just rusted off.. use a hose clamp to re-attach it to the bracket to fix it.
i had the same sound on my 4x4 and that was the cause :D fix it soon though as it will ware a hole in the exhaust as it rubs the mount.
Hi! I have the same sound at high RPMs (both when moving and when still). I thought it was a transmission fault issue, as stated by my mechanic. Can you send me a picture of the fastener that may have fallen off the exhaust? Thank you!

Back