Technical No Reverse Light

Currently reading:
Technical No Reverse Light

Meska77

Hey there,

The reverse lights on my doblo 2011 2.0 aren't working. I've changed the bulbs but made no difference so i guess it's the reverse light switch?

Any one else had this issue? Was it the switch? If so where is it located and will it need to be replaced?

Thanks

Hi Meska 77. Did you clean any oxidisation( grey colour crud) off the surface of connections etc. Would need to use a brass wire brush, also the connector going into the cluster would benefit from a squirt of WD40( I do like the stuff).

Thanks Arthur, From memory the connectors looked pretty decent where the bulbs fit. No dirt or rust really which is why Im suspecting the reverse switch. Just no idea where it is

Thanks Arthur, From memory the connectors looked pretty decent where the bulbs fit. No dirt or rust really which is why Im suspecting the reverse switch. Just no idea where it is

hi, :)

usually at the top/rear of gearbox..;) just about the only electrical item there..

has your dobbie got 2 x reversing lights..??
if so it's unlikely to be BOTH rear light clusters having poor connections on JUST the reversing lights..(y)

Charlie

same issue here, flicker of reverse light and then none.

my guess is reverse light switch on gearbox, my first port of call and probs the cheapest after checking for bulbs. the switch according to eper is on the front of the gearbox under the battery tray. not to be confused with the speed sensor on top/rear.

was going to undo on weekend but would need to catch and top up gearbox oil same time so two jobs in one, 2ltrs of oil. just unsure what oil if 75w 90 semi synth or the more expensive fully synth. switch is cheap enough!

2 rear lights on mine reg 02, and very handy on dark reversing manoeuvres.

Last edited:
Two reverse lights on mine.

So the sensor is under the battery? Do you need to remove the battery to get at it?

Can it be got out without the use of a lift?

Thanks again

either remove the undertray for access from underneath if fitted, or remove the battery tray. reverse switch if im correct is number 7 on picture,

naread.exe

Mine is fitted with an after-market reverse sensor unit. There is a relay activated by the supply line from the reverse switch.

Had the same issue, which ended up being the relay. Luckily whomever fitted it did a damn good job, pulled the relay and put in a new one (accessed via the fuse box) and presto, reverse lights.

:)

Mine is fitted with an after-market reverse sensor unit. There is a relay activated by the supply line from the reverse switch.

Had the same issue, which ended up being the relay. Luckily whomever fitted it did a damn good job, pulled the relay and put in a new one (accessed via the fuse box) and presto, reverse lights.

:)

How did you know it was the relay and not the switch? Is there a test you can do?

continuity test on the switch was fine. Powering the relay, couldn't hear the "click" (assuming this one made sound, some don't) so swapped it out. Did the trick.

ive had a look and the problem ive got is frayed wire on the plug.

ive ordered a new 2 pin connector, hopefully itll be the fix. not surprised its frayed, really thin 1mm wire hanging under the gear box.

ill have to crimp butt connectors on to the existing loom wire for my new plug, the old plug could not be reused because of the crimping.

Update on this. Didn't get around to checking the reverse switch but a couple of days the lights just started working. I reckon the switch corroded but through use has sorted itself out.

Back