Technical No reverse gear - help!

Currently reading:
Technical No reverse gear - help!

wolvescinq

I suddenly can't select reverse gear. It's always been rather awkward, but now it's like I'm hitting a brick wall when trying to pull the lever back. However forcefully I try it, it won't engage. I do hope this ain't a major problem!!! Why has this suddenly happened?

pop the cover around the gear selector off and have a look to see if hte cable is still in place and/or broken

if all looks ok open then bonnet and remove the other end of the cable from the gearbox (ontop by the selector) then try to get reverse again, if you can then there is a problem with the cable

Ash

pop the cover around the gear selector off and have a look to see if hte cable is still in place and/or broken

if all looks ok open then bonnet and remove the other end of the cable from the gearbox (ontop by the selector) then try to get reverse again, if you can then there is a problem with the cable

Ash

Cheers - called the AA out. Turned out to be the cable for reverse gear which had stretched. Patrol shortened it, now - touch wood - I've got reverse again.

Back