Newbie - question

Currently reading:
Newbie - question

looking at his other items he may be a bit expensive for the boot lid, but its in the right colour which is a big plus! however 20 quid for a rear light? seems a bit high to me. i would think there are som on the bay for a tenner!

Thought that seemed steep for a door skin to be honest, but I don't know much myself about what things sell for in terms of cars around here yet. This will be my trial by fire!

Will try a local scrap yard as someone suggested. Trouble is I work day shifts monday to friday in an ackward place to leave at dinner.

you will have to weigh up the pros and cons of it!

boot in a differt colour £25 + 75 to have it sprayed total cost £100

boot in the right colour £50 thus saving 50quid!

saying this i would still give the local salvage yards a try you may drop lucky on the colour and get it for less!!

be quick though!! he has both....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FIAT-BRAVO-PASS-SIDE-REAR-LIGHT-UNIT_W0QQitemZ300285918322QQihZ020QQcategoryZ10382QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

or try for both and sell one!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FIAT-BRAVO-REAR-LIGHTS_W0QQitemZ280300759373QQihZ018QQcategoryZ72235QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Nope. Things got hectic at work and it fell by the wayside. I can't replace the taillight until I get the boot lid sorted because it looks like it wasn't the accident that smashed it, but rather how the boot is now shaped and the edge got driven into the light, if that makes sense. So if I replace the light before I fix the boot lid, the boot won't close or will smash the new light.

My Fiance has now seen fit to tell me that the garage he uses does body work and they're not expensive, so rather than try to find the right colour panel and have to transfer over a bunch of bits, I might get a quote from them to put the current one right and see what makes better sense. I also have a colleague who tells me he used to drive bravos and gave me the number of a good breaker in the area that deals in Fiats and Citroens only, so I'll try them for the tail light when I can afford it. (IE after the bootlid is sorted and car gets serviced.) Also now worried whether or not its ever had a cam belt. If not car is at 80k so its overdue, and I'll have to sort that first before cosmetic stuff. Do not want to be putting an engine in.

That'll be my next post. How hard are timing belts on 1.6 Bravos? There seems to be lots of room to work under the bonnet, but I've had a lifetime fill of changing cam belts on dual overhead cam engines which I'm assuming this must be as a 16 valve.

It must make me strange I enjoy thinking about this stuff :D I've missed having my own car.