General Newbie Marea Owner

Currently reading:
General Newbie Marea Owner

Hi Guys

Just bought a 1999 T Marea Weekend HLX JTD 130. Car has F.S.H, in good nick and had the cambelt kit done last year which I believe is an expensive job. It's a nice metallic green colour (Emerald)

I paid £450 for it from my fathers friend, does this sound like a good price??

It has a small problem in that it's suffering from a serious lack of power, can't even overtake a truck going up a hill on the motorway. Doesn't really sound as if there is much boost gooing on at all. My old man has always had Alfa JTD's so I know what the engine should go like.

Cheers
Owen

Hi Guys

Just bought a 1999 T Marea Weekend HLX JTD 130. Car has F.S.H, in good nick and had the cambelt kit done last year which I believe is an expensive job. It's a nice metallic green colour (Emerald)

I paid £450 for it from my fathers friend, does this sound like a good price??

It has a small problem in that it's suffering from a serious lack of power, can't even overtake a truck going up a hill on the motorway. Doesn't really sound as if there is much boost gooing on at all. My old man has always had Alfa JTD's so I know what the engine should go like.

Cheers
Owen
Welcome to fiat forum!

Cure! get the MAF sensor checked on fiat code reader. You need a new part. the MAF sensor is down a very common problem. It calculates the amount of air mix required to mix with diesel fuel. Diesels compress air and fuel to heat fuel to high temp, it then burns in the combustion cycle basically! See Compression Ignition Engines on google

MAF is about £140 i think from dealer. It is unlikely turbo as these last and last...Mass Air Flow sensor you need:)
car should run perfect then loads of torque...change air filter too!

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Cheers for the advice guys, have tried pulling the plug off and it seems to go a little better. The car has been driven my a OAP for the last few years and would not have been reved up at all. Could it be possible that the EGR is also blocked causing even worse performance as the MAF is knackered??

Im the only one with an ebay link so you must be refering to that but if you had bothered to look you would see it is a Bosch MAF sensor originally used by Fiat

to be fair i was going to say the same thing :p

i didnt look either :eek:

just to clear up for anyone else the cheap third party MAF's are not atall recommended, do not buy one :)

Last edited:
Back