General Newbie, just bought a 2007 Doblo 1.9 multijet, and trying to find out which is the best workshop manual.

Currently reading:
General Newbie, just bought a 2007 Doblo 1.9 multijet, and trying to find out which is the best workshop manual.

OldGeek

I'm very pleased with it so far, very nippy and quite quiet, and 55 mpg !

My big problem at the moment though is trying to find a decent workshop manual. I realise they all seem to be digital now, (I miss the grubby old Haynes books !), but the choice seems quite wide with no way of knowing which is the most comprehensive. I purchased the Haynes online one, and I have to say I'm quite disappointed. It doesn't appear to have any model specific diagrams, and is padded out with a great deal of generic information.
There seems to be quite a wide choice on Ebay and the Internet, alll digital downloads and with widely varying prices, and with tempting front page images of my exact model (2007 mk1 facelift multijet), which has quite a lot of equipment not present in the straight vans.

Could I ask if anyone has any recommendations (or condemnations !) from their own experience with these manuals please ?

I'm very pleased with it so far, very nippy and quite quiet, and 55 mpg !

My big problem at the moment though is trying to find a decent workshop manual. I realise they all seem to be digital now, (I miss the grubby old Haynes books !), but the choice seems quite wide with no way of knowing which is the most comprehensive. I purchased the Haynes online one, and I have to say I'm quite disappointed. It doesn't appear to have any model specific diagrams, and is padded out with a great deal of generic information.
There seems to be quite a wide choice on Ebay and the Internet, alll digital downloads and with widely varying prices, and with tempting front page images of my exact model (2007 mk1 facelift multijet), which has quite a lot of equipment not present in the straight vans.

Could I ask if anyone has any recommendations (or condemnations !) from their own experience with these manuals please ?
I agree with you re Haynes these days, more suited to a DIY oil change and a set of spark plugs than it used to be in the old days, interspersed with advice to go the the dealers!!! Why did they think we were buying the manual in the first place!
I needed one recently for a Skoda Octavia 4x4 and found more relevant information in a DVD from eBay on VW Tiguan 4x4 for less money, format was a bit tricky but the detail was there.
By the way I just sold my old 05 Doblo 1.9 JTD as it was feeling it's age at 220K miles, it was a lot less hassle than the 2010 1.6 Doblo I replaced it with!

Hi there!
Same engine on a 2oo8 model, and yeah, desperately in search of a decent workshop manual. Did you had any luck finding something decent?

Yes indeed, I git the best one here on this website, and free too.... :)
I wasted over £20 on a Haynes "online" manual that was complete rubbish. Full of generalities,on DIY car maintenance, with no specific Doblo diagrams or drawings.
Then a helpful member on here suggested I look at the downloads section on here, and it led me to an excellent, highly detailed Doblo specific digital manual. It is downloaded as an "ISO" file, which is a CD image that can either be written to a blank CD disk or "mounted" as a CD drive using Windows explorer. It then appears in your file manager as a CD drive loaded with the manual as a CD. It takes a little getting used to, but is very powerful and comprehensive, with masses of detailed 3D line drawings and wiring diagrams.

Back