500 (Classic) Newbie from Kent

Currently reading:
500 (Classic) Newbie from Kent

Hi to all. Brand new on here. I seem to have been awarded the job of maintaining/improving my girlfriend's 1967 Giardinera, so joining this interesting forum seemed like a really good idea.

Sue imported her Giardinera from Italy to the UK, it's been on the road here for a few years now, and at the moment just needs a few small jobs done for this year's MOT.

Later on, I would like to increase the power output of the car a bit so that it can better keep up with modern traffic.

Thanks, Stuart.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Forum Stueeee----if you look at my comments on 'just in my Fiat 500 Giardiniera 1963' you will see my suggestions regarding the 'enhancing' of the Giardy performance.
thumb.gif
smile.gif

Hi Stuart
Where are you based?
I'm in Canterbury and drive into east London five days a week so I must pass you
It would be fun to see your project
Mine has a thread called Canterbury 695 - I just had a full on engine built in Brands Hatch
Regards
Andrew

Hi Stuart
Where are you based?
I'm in Canterbury and drive into east London five days a week so I must pass you
It would be fun to see your project
Mine has a thread called Canterbury 695 - I just had a full on engine built in Brands Hatch
Regards
Andrew

Hi Andrew,
I'm based at Longfield, which is pretty much between Dartford and Sevenoaks. Had a read of your Canterbury 695 thread, very interesting, lots of great work done right there.

It has to be a worry about engineering capability in this country nowadays, with the trouble you had finding a company that was happy to bore your crankcase to a ± 0.1mm tolerance. I think I'll be doing mine at home.

Back