General Newbie and new 500

Currently reading:
General Newbie and new 500

Dino500

Hi all,

Just wanted to drop in and say hi to everyone. I'm new here and my name is Dino.

Had a few FIATs over the years but my most favourite is the 500. My gf has recently just got a colour therapy model and I have taken the plunge and have ordered a BNW Lounge 1.2 with extras and take delivering end of October. Can't wait!

I tested for pretty much 3 weeks solid on day loan tests (thanks dealer) the TA 500 back to back with the 1.2. I tested it on my general commute route both in and out of rush hour traffic and on the motorway. Both engines had 10k plus on them so they we broken in. I chose the 1.2 after real world averaging 53mpg on my route against 41 from the TA. Both driven economically and sensibly and safely for real world traffic on the roads. The TA was marginall better on the motorway on a long cruise due to the extra torque but I rarely do long motorway mileage and overall the 1.2 still gave me better economy.

That's me and my car.

Look forward to posting and reading more!

Dino

welcome Dino,from now to october may seem like an age but it is well worth waiting for:)
my bnw lounge is being traded for a new one in volare blue, as for mpg.....
never know, as HE fills the tank;)

Thanks jaymac im really excited about getting it and i know our driveway at home will look great with a white and yellow 500 next to each other.

D

Back