500 Newbie: 2018 500 1.2 coolant top up

Currently reading:
500 Newbie: 2018 500 1.2 coolant top up

500Singh

Hi all

Ive just joined up. We own a 2018 500 1.2 lounge.

The other day I was looking around the engine bay and notices the coolant level is on the minimum mark when engine is cold. I was thinking to top it up a little but saw the label on the tank cap says paraflu. Wanted to know if I can use normal pink coolant to top up or do I need to go buy specific paraflu to top up the system? I have some pink coolant which I use in my VW. Can this be used? Or do I even need to top it up?

Also where is best to buy genuine service parts? The first service was just a visual inspection according to the fiat dealer the car was bought from so when the second service comes up it will be filter and oil change. Should I buy the parts from the dealer or is there a good place to get genuine items at decent prices before I end up going to eurocarpart or similar

Appreciate any help, Thank you :)

Hi all

Ive just joined up. We own a 2018 500 1.2 lounge.

The other day I was looking around the engine bay and notices the coolant level is on the minimum mark when engine is cold. I was thinking to top it up a little but saw the label on the tank cap says paraflu. Wanted to know if I can use normal pink coolant to top up or do I need to go buy specific paraflu to top up the system? I have some pink coolant which I use in my VW. Can this be used? Or do I even need to top it up?

Also where is best to buy genuine service parts? The first service was just a visual inspection according to the fiat dealer the car was bought from so when the second service comes up it will be filter and oil change. Should I buy the parts from the dealer or is there a good place to get genuine items at decent prices before I end up going to eurocarpart or similar

Appreciate any help, Thank you :)
Only use coolant specific to the 500 no other if you go on to Halfords type in your reg no it will give you options and yes it needs topping up to the max line

Have you checked your oil too … brake fluid and clutch fluid I check mine once a week.
As for service parts if you have a warranty I believe it’s best to leave it to the dealership
Myself I have no warranty so I service my car myself I shop around for the best prices but I don’t skimp on oil or filter

Back