Grande Punto New to forum, Problems with my Punto!

Currently reading:
Grande Punto New to forum, Problems with my Punto!

philiams

Hi Guys!

Last week I bought a Fiat Grande Punto 1.9 Diesal privately and straight away I ran into problems. I drove the car home and opened the left rear door to put the child seat in to find the door won't open and the window open with the window handle pulling nothing. Took it to the local garage who've said I need a new door lock mechanism and a window retractor, apart from the local dealership (who work on 100% profit) where do I find them?

Another issue I've found is a alert on the trip computer of 'hill handle not avalible' which comes and goes as it pleases, any sugguestions?

Thanks in Advance, Phil.

http://www.car-transplants.co.uk/
Try here for the window and door lock. They do mail order, but read t&c's as I think their is a handling fee. Give them a ring if you can't find the part on the website, as it may still be on the car.

If its the rear door then pull the handle up as you normally would do and then pull it a tiny bit more. The GP has a common issue of the door handle not opening the car on the outside.

There is a later door handle that they made to fix this issue.

Shop4parts do the window regulator for just over £30. You can get 10% if donated to the forums.

Hill holder unavailable may come on if your foot is touching the clutch. Not got it on mine so couldn't say properly. Could also be bad switch or voltage low on switch.

Last edited:
I had the hill holder message come up a few times and it just needed a new clutch sensor fitting and it stopped.

Back