New to Fiats. New to FiatForum.

Currently reading:
New to Fiats. New to FiatForum.

Rots98

Hi guys,

just entered the world of Fiat after buyinga 98 Cinq Sporting on a whim.

Been reading through the forum for the last couple of weeks and it seems most of the members have their heads screwed on right so I thought I'd better register. As I said, I'm a Fiat virgin so feel free to offer tips and advice.

Had a few cars before but none that made me smile quite so much as the wee Cheekycento.

Lastly, I'm in Fife, Scotland so if you're local and see a big bald guy doing a hulk impression in a wee red Cing, it's probably me. Gies a peep!

Thanks for the welcome guys. =)

No photos as yet. Car was parked up for 6 months before I got my hands on it and we've not had the weather to get the buffer on it yet >.<

Autoglym Restorative polish has got rid of the faded white look so the car is red again but I really need a couple of fair days when I'm not working to get her looking good. I also need a replacement rear bumper as mine came with a monster of a crack so if anyone's breaking a red sporting .... *wink wink*

So far I've fitted a sexy total closure alarm (ebay 50 bucks) so I could stick the ICE from our other car into the Cinq. The horn was defective so there now a twin tone airhorn lurking behind the front bumper. Perfect for those pelican crossings...

I ordered 30mm springs yesterday and I'm gonna send payment for one of mckcrich's 'Universals' tomorrow. So that's next weekend sorted out...

Plans are to upgrade the exhaust

http://www.powerfiat.com/product_info.php/cPath/19_39/products_id/491

coupled with a shiny tailpipe.

I need to figure out how to fit one of the cone filters I have kicking about to the stock airbox. (Anyone done this already?)
And I wouldn't mind some new wheels and rubber, maybe upgrade to 14s?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/14-Vector-whe...029903800QQcategoryZ72249QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Opinions on these?

Bought the Cinq to use for my second job (Pizza delivery, Yay!) as I didn't want my 'nice' car getting shoddy. Almost sad to admit it but I've actually spent more time with the fiat. First car I've had with character, he he.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back