Grande Punto New to Fiat, hi all!

Currently reading:
Grande Punto New to Fiat, hi all!

WLJayne

Hi guys,

My missus bought her new car yesterday after her little Ibiza was written off last week. Some daft bugger opened their door into the side of us as we were passing and that was that :(. Anyway I'm more au fait with forum stuff so I'll be posting here on her behalf :). I'm a Land Rover guy meself.

After looking around she settled on an diesel 07 Grande Punto 1.9 Sporting in caribbean orange. Managed to knock the dealer down quite a bit as it'll need a new clutch plate, front wishbones and timing belt as well as a good service. But I reckon it's a goodun! Cracking to drive :slayer:!

She wants to do a bit of tarting up on top of the general work, nothing major but currently she's interested in doing:

- Abarth light swap
- Possibly Evo tail light swap
- New style badge swap
- Replace window vinyl trim
- Possibly wrap the roof panel in gloss black vinyl.
- Shark fin aerial

I'm also thinking about replacing the fogs with DRLs but not entirely sure.

I've already looked at the guides and you guys have done a great job, there's nothing there that hasn't already been covered.

The only question I have about the lights is that I'm seeing lots of aftermarket Valeo Abarth style lights on fleabay, but I can't tell if they're RHD and road legal. £150 seems almost too good to be true, there's got to be a catch. Any ideas?

Looking forward to posting here, we're already loving this little motor!

See you around,

Will.

Last edited:
Back