General new stilo

Currently reading:
General new stilo

rjcasey

Hi,

Just brought my stilo as my first car :) have attached pics (noting has been modified) but sure you like seein other peoples stilos.

While im posting about the stilo couple of questions,

Why is the passanger door perminatly locked even if i press the button on the door the doors will unlock but the door wont open. The door will open at first. The windows used to come up when locking as well now they dont is this one of the options on the menu I have changed:confused:

Also radio signal doesnt seem to be good lots of interference any ideas. Did the voltage check on the menu sed 1.4 or something like that at first then did again and it was 2v. Does that mean it is anything to do with voltage.

Anyway, happy with the stilo will need some new wheels as painted calipers the other day and you cant even see them with my wheels. Like the razors most but I dowt i will find them so will have to be some aftermarket wheels.

Like the forum by the way very good read through loads of posts although you will probs say all my questions have been asked before.

Reece

Attachments

• stilo.jpg
    stilo.jpg
    498.4 KB · Views: 43
  • car.jpg
    car.jpg
    379.1 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Anyway, happy with the stilo will need some new wheels as painted calipers the other day and you cant even see them with my wheels. Like the razors most but I dowt i will find them so will have to be some aftermarket wheels.

If you are looking for some blades here is link for replica ones but I'm sure if you search on ebay/the classiffieds you should be able to find some OEM wheels personally i'd say get some claws they look the business.

anyway heres the link

http://www.performancealloys.com/de...ls_sizes='17x7'&price='99'&permission=7846291

I've always had crap reception on my Stilo from new, maybe it's normal!!!!

Why is the passenger door permanently locked even if i press the button on the door the doors will unlock but the door wont open. The door will open at first.

Also radio signal doesn't seem to be good lots of interference any ideas.

Reece

i think you probably have Driver lock turned on in the main menu. (just opens the drivers door with the first press of the keypad then all other doors with the second.)

when i had the oem radio in the reception was really bad too, but i have an alpine one in now using the same aeriel and its crystal clear.

nice first car btw, lucky git.

Last edited:
i think you probably have Driver lock turned on in the main menu. (just opens the drivers door with the first press of the keypad then all other doors with the second

Could be the central locking motor also? I had this problem where my passenger side door wouldn't open and it turned out to be the motor!

If your after claws, get some and then spray them grey like mine! :cool:

Could be the central locking motor also? I had this problem where my passenger side door wouldn't open and it turned out to be the motor!

If your after claws, get some and then spray them grey like mine! :cool:

Yea seen your claws and want them too (y)they look really nice, There so hard to find though.

I wouldnt mind razors, claws or multispokes

What a nice first car!

Your windows should go up when you keep lock pressed on your key? Or i think turn the key in the door?

Thanks that solves another problem I had, before the windows used to go straight up and at the dealers the key got locked in the car they had to break in to get it out, so i need a spare key which I have read is like £200.

Anyway recently the windows didnt go up when locking just tried holding the lock button and they go up (y)

Also: sometimes when I unlock the car it will automaticly lock itself :confused:

i think you probably have Driver lock turned on in the main menu. (just opens the drivers door with the first press of the keypad then all other doors with the second.)

when i had the oem radio in the reception was really bad too, but i have an alpine one in now using the same aeriel and its crystal clear.

nice first car btw, lucky git.

Thought it might me, I have changed that and it seems to work will have to see thanks (y)

Thanks for all your comments on the car, no beeps yet only been out in it twice so far.

Last edited:
Too right took me 6 months to get mine! If your feeling particularly crazy a new set of Claws/Razors from a dealer can be had for £500 ish!

Not crazy enough haa,
If that included tyres that wouldn't be to bad but if I got aftermarket wheels I dont fancy these wobblers to change it from a 4x98 to a 4x100 PCD also what do you do about the stud things (not sure what there called (so you can line the wheel up))

Thanks

Last edited:
Y

Thanks that solves another problem I had, before the windows used to go straight up and at the dealers the key got locked in the car they had to break in to get it out, so i need a spare key which I have read is like £200.

Anyway recently the windows didnt go up when locking just tried holding the lock button and they go up (y)

Also: sometimes when I unlock the car it will automaticly lock itself :confused:

I priced a new key for my stilo this week, for the normal spare key (non remote) its £150 and for the flip remote key its £250! Luckily i have the flip key, just not the spare!

If you unlock the car and dont open a door, after 30 seconds or so it locks itself. Its a saftey feature :)

have you had a look in the upper glovebox to see if it has a cd changer??? took me a few months too realise mine had! :p

nice car!

Ha yes found that a week after I got it read in the handbook that it had a upper glovebox so went and opened it and was amazed to find it.

Although, As most peoples on here it seems it doesnt work.

It was upside down for one which means I probably should have realised and not put a CD in :(

went to an audio place near us they took it out and it wasnt connected, they plugged it in and it did light up but they said probs the laser.

Last edited:
If you unlock the Stilo with the remote and don't start it up, it'll automatically lock after a minute or two. I think it's a security feature, not a bad idea really.

Never had bad reception on my Stilo's original headunit, which is the non-MP3 CD player. I also fitted a shortened Richbrook aerial a few months ago, which hasn't decreased the reception either.

In terms of new alloys, I'd always check eBay. They always have Fiat alloys coming up on there, often with tyres. Some are in need of refurbing, but that's pretty cheap to do and much cheaper than getting wheels new, especially direct from Fiat.

Don't know about the passenger door locking thing, though as has been said, may be something in the menu system on the onboard computer. The windows only go up and and down via central locking if you hold down the appropriate button...hold unlock to lower the windows, hold lock to raise them. This works with the skyroof option as well I believe, for those lucky enough to have them :)

On a side note, saw part someone's skyroof open on a yellow Stilo parked near where mine is. Was just the first blade that was sat at an angle, but still allowed an inch gap AND it's been raining all day. Hope there wasn't much damage.

stilo16v
Get Your Own Title

Trader Rating: (0)

Re: new stilo
What a nice first car!

Your windows should go up when you keep lock pressed on your key? Or i think turn the key in the door?

i just tried this window thing after owning my car for 2 years and it works love it was well happy to c it work simple things ay

sorry to post twice but did metion thats i just fitted vale caps to my car too and an air freshener lol

Back