Styling New Stilo owner after suspension advice

Currently reading:
Styling New Stilo owner after suspension advice

OLLIE_B40

Hey guys just been floating round the forums taking it all in for the last three weeks since purchasing my beautiful new stilo:)

Got me a 2004 1.9JTD and loving every minute of it, i cant believe that they never sold more of these damn things!!

just a few pictures below of my new pride and joy:D
currently completely standard apart from the CarPC i had in my Honda Civic and a new set of alpine speakers all round
as you can guess the novelty still not worn off :p

05082007163.jpg
07082007172.jpg
07082007167.jpg
07082007169.jpg

I had big plans for this car but 3 days after spending 7grand on it i find out my misses is pregnant:eek: so things going to have to be done at a slightly slower (and cheaper!) pace.

The one thing this car does not do is corner!!! i planned on a full spax coilover kit but am now limited in funds and hoping for some advice, can anyone recommend a descent set of springs (Eibach Sportlines perhaps?) to run with the OEM shocks or would a set of cheap shocks and dampers be better suited(G max or something like that)?
am looking to spend as little as possible but up to bout £200 could be wangled if i ask the missus nicely! lol

any advice is much appreciated guys!

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Re: New Stilo owner after suspensio advice

Eibach lowering springs are quite good with OE shocks and strut braces are a really good and cheap way of improving handling - Ebay is a good source of these parts.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OMP-Front-Rea...ryZ10382QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If your in no particular rush for the brace then wait for the new GSR one I think it will be worth the wait ..designed and built by me :) and now under going testing :devil:

02.jpg

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Nice car and welcome to the forum. Dont mean to probe but what mileage does it have. I am forced into selling my 04JTD with 30 on the clock and it has the full factory sporting kit with 17's on and I was expecting about 4.5-5k. 7K seems a bit steep?

Nice car and welcome to the forum. Dont mean to probe but what mileage does it have. I am forced into selling my 04JTD with 30 on the clock and it has the full factory sporting kit with 17's on and I was expecting about 4.5-5k. 7K seems a bit steep?

Paid 6k at a garage in swansea with 25k on the clock and spend bout another 800 quid on speakers, a new touchscreen and some new cabling mate so 6800k really:p

loving that stilo of yours in yellow! oh and the wheels!!! and the sexy little kit!!!:worship:

hmm think i should of come to see you before buyin mine then!:bang: lol

Oh and nearly forgot, thanks guys for your advice off to search the best price for a set of Eibach lowering springs as we speak! yay!!! strut brace pending!

Last edited:
Hi guys, just whilst your on the subject of suspension I wonder if someone might be able to offer me a bit of advice. I have a 53 plate 1.6 Petrol Stilo Multiwagon which I bought a year ago for 4K as a repossession with 35k on the clock. The original owner had ordered a few extras such as a sky window, multichanger and 17" alloys. The car came with a new set of Federal 595 tyres which I do find generate quite alot of road noise but I can live with that.

The main issue is I find the ride to be very firm, now I know Fiat cars are renound for this (my brava was quite firm) but wondered if there was anything I could do to soften it a little. At the moment even a small pothole or dropped manhole cover makes such a crash when I drive over I do wonder if it is doing any damage! I would appreciate any advice.

Back