General New Stilo Owner - A few questions

Currently reading:
General New Stilo Owner - A few questions

I've just bought a 2003 Stilo Abarth Selespeed. I'm in need of a little guidance.

It comes with one blue remote key with buttons for boot, lock and unlock. Is it possible to get another key cut and coded outside of the dealer network? And if so, who can do it?

The car has no mats fitted to it, so is there an online place that can do original mats for a 5dr Abarth for less than the £50 my local dealer is quoting?

The car has no parcel shelf, again, anyone stocking them for less than the £60 my dealer wants?

It has connect nav+ whcih has no CD or SIM card. Does anyone here have an old CD they no longer need, I just want to see if the thing works, I doubt I'll everuse it as I have a lovely tomtom for navigation purposes.

Finally, the car has a loud Powerflow exhaust fitted to it, it is too loud for my tastes, is it possible to get a powerflow centre to reduce the noise level for a reasonable cost, or woulf I be better off getting a standard exhaust (cat back) fitted? (To be honest I don't like the hidden look of the standard exhaust.

See comments in red.

I've just bought a 2003 Stilo Abarth Selespeed. I'm in need of a little guidance.

It comes with one blue remote key with buttons for boot, lock and unlock. Is it possible to get another key cut and coded outside of the dealer network? And if so, who can do it?

Only a dealer as far as I know. And it will cost you! Later cars only came with one remote key I believe.

The car has no mats fitted to it, so is there an online place that can do original mats for a 5dr Abarth for less than the £50 my local dealer is quoting?

Might be worth asking dealer if there are alternatives. I bought a set with 'Abarth' badges in colour for less than that. Depends if you want mats designed for your model that will fit snugly. If that doesn't bother, you try Halfrauds or eBay.

The car has no parcel shelf, again, anyone stocking them for less than the £60 my dealer wants?

Scrap yards or eBay.

It has connect nav+ whcih has no CD or SIM card. Does anyone here have an old CD they no longer need, I just want to see if the thing works, I doubt I'll everuse it as I have a lovely tomtom for navigation purposes.

Sorry my car doesn't have Connect Nav. I'm sure someone else will respond.

Finally, the car has a loud Powerflow exhaust fitted to it, it is too loud for my tastes, is it possible to get a powerflow centre to reduce the noise level for a reasonable cost, or woulf I be better off getting a standard exhaust (cat back) fitted? (To be honest I don't like the hidden look of the standard exhaust.

Worth a try. I believe Powerflow do boxes producing varying levels of noise. The standard exhaust is pretty tame and, as you say, the 'limp dick' standard tail pipe is awful

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
@ Argo - yeah they are genuine ones, i bought some off ebay maybe same supplier about 18months ago, and they are brilliant and look top notch! much better than those "max power" ones that slip up behind the brake peddle (brown pants on approachin roundabouts) lol

@ Argo - yeah they are genuine ones, i bought some off ebay maybe same supplier about 18months ago, and they are brilliant and look top notch! much better than those "max power" ones that slip up behind the brake peddle (brown pants on approachin roundabouts) lol
Too right (y) and way superior to the mats in my old VW which used to do exactly that (as a bonus, trim tended to fall off on your feet too :D)

One of the first things I noticed on my Stilo - clips to hold drivers mat in place - now that's class!

So what kind of money does a new key run to, a 3 button blue one? Last time I had to buy a remote key was for an Alfa 156, it was £110 supplied and coded. I'm guessing it'll be similar territory.

I'll try and track down a parcel shelf from a breaker, and I've seen a number of mat sets on flea bay, the ones with Abarth badges seem a little steep at £45 plus £10 P and P thats more than Fiat charge!

Those are a must have in my view (as long as genuine Fiat) as they really add a bit of class

Stoneacre are a factory dealer, I think - I've bought from them 4 or 5 times and they always sent me OEM stuff

I don't know much about the Abarth mats (if genuine etc) but quite honestly I'm dismayed you've ignored the advice from a helpful member (post #6) who pointed you towards the genuine article at a good price :confused:

I don't know much about the Abarth mats (if genuine etc) but quite honestly I'm dismayed you've ignored the advice from a helpful member (post #6) who pointed you towards the genuine article at a good price :confused:

No need to be dismayed, or confused, I want a set of genuine mats with an Abarth logo on them. I appreciate the link to the genuine article at a good price, but they aren't want I am after.

Back