X1/9 New restoration

Currently reading:
X1/9 New restoration

Couldn’t resist buying this ‘78 X a few months ago. The car made quite an impression on me when it first came out in ‘72 and I was 17yo. This had many minor dents, small portions of rust and a decent running gear. The picture is at the time of purchase. It has since had complete body repair, new paint after stripping off the old; new carpet, seats upholstered, dash refinished with Polyvance. I’m currently working on the brakes and trying to figure out what to do with the interior door panels.

Attachments

• 969A25B3-9F21-4235-8D57-DEEA1E5AB200.jpeg
    969A25B3-9F21-4235-8D57-DEEA1E5AB200.jpeg
    849.2 KB · Views: 60
More photos are forthcoming. The hood and trunk lids are not on yet to show off the body and paint work. The interior is still all over the garage. The door panel frustration came from speAker holes cut near the window crank. No replacement panels in the correct color were found so I am working on a very low profile speAker and grill. 15 inch wheels from Vick’s Motorsports were ordered which they say allows a 195/45/15 tire. Since the running gear seems fine, major motor work will be put off until next winter. Thanks for the interest.
Mark

Back