General New Punto Owner - Few questions

Currently reading:
General New Punto Owner - Few questions

Dave1978

Hello

I recently purchased an 03 Mk2 Punto and so far, i'm pretty happy with it.

I do have some questions/problems though...

1) Although according to the regestration docs, the car is a Punto MIA, the car has some rather nasty stickers on the sides/rear that say 'Mistique'. Does anyone know what the differences between my model and standard MIA's and does anyone know the best way to remove the stickers (I think they are stickers)

2) The car was bought with an aftermarket head unit installed, but i'm only getting sound out of the front/left door speaker/pillar tweeter. the driver side door speaker is totally dead and the tweeter is really crackly/quiet.
Is there a guide to removing/replacing the front tweeters and door speakers?

3) There are no rear speakers installed, but there seems to be a cable already installed for the rear driver side speaker. I see no cable on the passenger side - is this normal?

4) The car has an electric sunroof and i've noticed a 'trickling' sound when I corner slowly which seems to be coming from the sunroof although its definately not leaking. - any ideas?

5) I noticed that the petrol light came on when I was on the marker ABOVE the red. ie. way before the gauge was reading low. is this normal? shouldn't the light come on as you hit red?

6) the car didn't come with an owners manual, is there a pdf version floating round the forums?

thanks in advance

Hello

I recently purchased an 03 Mk2 Punto and so far, i'm pretty happy with it.

I do have some questions/problems though...

1) Although according to the regestration docs, the car is a Punto MIA, the car has some rather nasty stickers on the sides/rear that say 'Mistique'. Does anyone know what the differences between my model and standard MIA's and does anyone know the best way to remove the stickers (I think they are stickers)

2) The car was bought with an aftermarket head unit installed, but i'm only getting sound out of the front/left door speaker/pillar tweeter. the driver side door speaker is totally dead and the tweeter is really crackly/quiet.
Is there a guide to removing/replacing the front tweeters and door speakers?

3) There are no rear speakers installed, but there seems to be a cable already installed for the rear driver side speaker. I see no cable on the passenger side - is this normal?

4) The car has an electric sunroof and i've noticed a 'trickling' sound when I corner slowly which seems to be coming from the sunroof although its definately not leaking. - any ideas?

5) I noticed that the petrol light came on when I was on the marker ABOVE the red. ie. way before the gauge was reading low. is this normal? shouldn't the light come on as you hit red?

6) the car didn't come with an owners manual, is there a pdf version floating round the forums?

thanks in advance

1. if its registered as mia thats what it should be but it depends on its features never heard of mistique might just be somthing someone stuck on there.

2. check the wiring from the headunit to the speaker/tweeter, its dead easy to check the wiring as the speaker cover just unclips then their are a few screws same with the tweeter.

3.normal in some but its not hard to run some wire to the back from the HU if you want rears.

4.not sure, trapped water from a broken seal? maybe?

5.Thats normal.

6. not sure bout the PDF bt you can always pick up some from ebay if you want the real deal.

Petrol light coming on early is normal, it warns you very early.... You have about 7Liters left when it first comes on according the the handbook...:)

thanks for the replys

damn, if those stickers are something a previous owner has put on, they have to come off asap. they look pretty bad, i'll have to try to peel them. fingers crossed.

would you say it's worth upgrading the tweeters? or should i just get door speakers with tweeters built in?

what's considered good practice when upgrading punto speakers? are rears important?

Back