General New Panda 4x4 boot lock

Currently reading:
General New Panda 4x4 boot lock

Hi all, picked up a new Panda 4x4 MJ for a couple of days test, with the view of purchasing,problem is the car come with a normal key and not the fob which I know they do until a sale is made, it unlocks all the doors except boot? Any ideas on how it can be opened without fob:confused:

SCORCHIO12 found a temporary solution and posted it here.

It appears that these locks seem to mess up once we have had some rain and somehow water gets inside the lock (when it was dry it worked fine).

When you press the button to open the boot what is happening is that the button is getting stuck. You need to bend down and look up at the lock you will see the plastic button and then about a 2-3mm gap before the black plastic moulding. Carefully put your finger nail in the 2-3mm gap and flick the button forward, you will then once closing the boot be able to open again via the button. However it will soon get jammed again. I tried a quick blast of WD40in the 2-3mm gap and it seems to have done a job (well still ok after a day!).

In other words, run your finger nail along the gap just underneath/inside the moulding of the plastic. You want to try and prise the handle back into its neutral position. Lock/unlock with the key and then it should work.

SCORCHIO12 found a temporary solution and posted it here.

In other words, run your finger nail along the gap just underneath/inside the moulding of the plastic. You want to try and prise the handle back into its neutral position. Lock/unlock with the key and then it should work.

I think Crossman meant where's the boot switch rather than the fault people have been having :)

Hi there, I managed to open the boot but tried again this morning with no success. Don't think its faulty just got to have the right touch with the boot release.Will sort this out with dealer first before purchase.
Just a quick review on the car itself, it seems to be built better feels more solid, but the driving seat is not as comfatable as my Cross and I don't think it is much bigger at all, with front seats being more chunky taking more space up. All that being said it is very good all round and no problems whatsoever in this bad snow. So will see if I can do a deal for it so it will be joining the Cross to make a good team.(y)

Back