500 New Owner

Currently reading:
500 New Owner

Exactly. Thing is, if it doesn't work then what happens? You get a message on the display saying "stop&start unavailable" and the car just doesn't stop. Hardly the biggest deal in the world? I just don't get why people get so worked up over it. It's not like the ABS not working or something going wrong with the suspension, both of which are safety issues.

Because people have paid a lot of money for the car and have a right to expect features which are selling points to work. I seem to remember you took your car back to have sagging leather replaced under warranty and that wasn't a safety feature............

All these new technologies to save us fuel in our cars and more will come ,are most welcome imho.
When i bought my 500 in 2008 stop/start was not then available,my 500 did save me money versus my old Bravo diesel insurance/tax/etc.
Now i am moving onto the new Punto 2012 delivery Aug/sept and has zero tax up to 80mpg (more likely to be 70) stop/start so i will be saving more money with more technology and Fiat are leading the way in Europe so please keep bringing it on so to speak.:)

Because people have paid a lot of money for the car and have a right to expect features which are selling points to work. I seem to remember you took your car back to have sagging leather replaced under warranty and that wasn't a safety feature............

and I'm not saying that people don't have the right to have things sorted, I'm just saying that when a car is brand new and you've got a couple of years warranty to play with that S&S not working correctly out of the box isn't the biggest problem in the world :)

...so from build stage 20 - which I understand to be 'built awaiting transfer by rail to the port', how long will I have to wait before seeing the car? Any ideas?:p

Holy Moly!!(y) I have just received a call from the Fiat dealer. My car is now in the country and due for delivery to them later this week. I might have it by the weekend! :eek: Double scared and double excited now!:slayer:

Holy Moly!!(y) I have just received a call from the Fiat dealer. My car is now in the country and due for delivery to them later this week. I might have it by the weekend! :eek: Double scared and double excited now!:slayer:

Wow you must be so excited. I have had a Fiat punto for the last 8 years, 02 reg and it has been a lovely little car. Sadly last week it decided to give up the ghost so it's time for a new one.... a NEW Fiat 500!! I am having loads of fun customising it on the Fiat wedsite at the moment and going to order it on Sunday with my local deal and test drive ect. I have wanted one since they first came out and never thought I'd have the chance so I really am excited.

Also seeing how fast your 500 is ready makes me even more excited, I obv know this may not be the case for me and I do have a wait on my hands. But still I really can't wait! Finally my very own Fiat 500 (y)

It takes a couple of days to prepare the car so I'd put money on you getting it early to mid next week.

:D:D On my normal commute to work, I happened to pass a small industrial estate that comprises several car dealers. What do I see parked outside an Audi garage dropping a car off but a large car transporter loaded with Fiat 500's. So I stops and has a word with the driver and sure enough there's a black Fiat 500 with red interior, climate control and the alloy wheels that I specified sat there on the bottom row. He said that he's just about to drop it off with the dealer. Excitement levels are nearing fever pitch now. I must say, it's a handsome looking little motor!!:yum::yum:

Hi,

I go to sign the papers to order my new fiat 500 on Tuesday
:) and I have been told about 2 month for delivery (n)

Can you tell me how long you have waited in total?

Hi,

I go to sign the papers to order my new fiat 500 on Tuesday
:) and I have been told about 2 month for delivery (n)

Can you tell me how long you have waited in total?
It takes however long it takes and unfortunately no one on here really knows how long it will take. You can could be about to go into production now in which case it will of course take less time or it could be at the back of the queue, it could reach the port and be the last car to get on the boat to the UK or it could just miss the boat and have to wait a few more days. When it lands in the UK they have to wait till there's a transporter full to come to your dealer or a group of local dealers.

Depending on how things pan out I reckon there's anything from a week to 2 or 3 weeks that could be added to the time from ordering to receiving if things go your way or don't. Just the way the cookie crumbles sadly.

It takes however long it takes and unfortunately no one on here really knows how long it will take. You can could be about to go into production now in which case it will of course take less time or it could be at the back of the queue, it could reach the port and be the last car to get on the boat to the UK or it could just miss the boat and have to wait a few more days. When it lands in the UK they have to wait till there's a transporter full to come to your dealer or a group of local dealers.

Depending on how things pan out I reckon there's anything from a week to 2 or 3 weeks that could be added to the time from ordering to receiving if things go your way or don't. Just the way the cookie crumbles sadly.

I know each one is different obviously, I was just curious about how long they had been waiting so far.
I'm happy to wait as long as I need to, I've wanted one for about 3 years so another couple of month isn't going to hurt is it :)

I know each one is different obviously, I was just curious about how long they had been waiting so far.
I'm happy to wait as long as I need to, I've wanted one for about 3 years so another couple of month isn't going to hurt is it :)
I know, in your situation I'd do exactly the same ;)

:) I'm expecting a call anytime now to come and pick mine up, but just wondering if they'll wait until 1 June to tax it. I don't mind really, in this weather I'll be using my bike anyway. Still, I'm pretty sure it was mine that I saw on the transporter..............:D:D

Ordered 1st March - delivered 13 April! Good luck with the wait!

Wow! Thats really quick! I would love it if mine was ready that soon, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up to much, like I say it's well worth the wait! :)

:eek: I made arrangements with the Dealer to pick up my car tomorrow evening (30 May). They are fitting some little extras today and hopefully giving the darn thing a wash. Hopefully my next posting will be in the members cars photos section!! (y)

Back