500 New Owner

Currently reading:
500 New Owner

Sadly, I'm an 'old school' driver and that means that unless I am at the start of my journey or my destination, then the engine has to be running. If the air con is running then the engine has to be running. If the heater is on, heated rear windscreen is on, lights are on.......basically if the car is occupied, then the engine has to be running. Otherwise (as I was taught during my driving lessons) you are not in proper control of the car. Difficult habit to break. :shrug:

I am guessing that the S&S cars have bigger batteries to cope with high electrical demand for when the engine is off? Similarly I guess the brake servo/system must be different somehow to give full braking force even if the engine isn't supplying vacuum...? On any of my other cars, three pumps of the brake pedal and the brake force is down to virtually zero.

Refering to my post above, I found this post on the Fiat.co.uk forum:

"
I bought my Fiat 500c 1.4 Lounge dualogic in October 2011 and over the last 6 months I have been experiencing problems with the start stop system. The start stop system intermittently fails to restart the engine when I take my foot off the brake leading to many embarrassing incidents at traffic lights! It has been back to the dealership and they have not been able to find the fault so far. I found another posting on here experiencing the same problem with the same model maybe that will help with discovering the fault? Anyone else experiencing the same problems? "

And that's exactly why I'm always going to turn off my S&S!!

Also this one

"
My Fiat 500c 1.4 Lounge Dualogic Stop&Start system is intermittently failing to re-start after releasing the foot brake. I've had it back to two different dealers who can't identify the fault. The last dealer changed the battery and after speaking with Fiat technicians, also changed the break pedal sensor - neither of which has solved the problem. Each time I leave the car with the dealer they tell me they can't identify the fault. I've searched this Forum for similar problems but can't find anything. I've had the car a year now and it has been back and forth to Fiat dealers six times now and not been resolved Has anyone experienced this same problem? "

Refering to my post above, I found this post on the Fiat.co.uk forum:

And that's exactly why I'm always going to turn off my S&S!!

I wouldn't worry about what you read on fiat.co.uk - can't remember the example but there were quite a number of inaccuracies on it. You would be better of 'sitting tight' until you get your motor. Would suggest not 'taking the car away' if S/S is unavailable. Dealer is supposed to give the car a 'top up' charge before it's handed over. On Flashyphotos thread the alternator was the culprit.

Last edited:
So near, yet so far...........well my car is ready........nearly ready....

Despite being reminded of a couple of accessories that I wanted for my new car, the dealer either hasn't ordered them or doesn't have them in stock. The story is a little unclear but the upshot is that I won't pick the car up until Friday. :confused: I don't know why the Dealers tend to operate this way but if the order had been placed when I asked it to, the accessories would have been available yesterday. I stated that I only wanted to pick up the car once and didn't want to return on another day to have bits 'n' bobs fitted. :yuck: I have a little patience left...............

Despite being reminded of a couple of accessories that I wanted for my new car, the dealer either hasn't ordered them or doesn't have them in stock. The story is a little unclear but the upshot is that I won't pick the car up until Friday. :confused: I don't know why the Dealers tend to operate this way but if the order had been placed when I asked it to, the accessories would have been available yesterday. I stated that I only wanted to pick up the car once and didn't want to return on another day to have bits 'n' bobs fitted. :yuck: I have a little patience left...............
Come pickup time you'll have forgotten all about it :) I had a slightly annoying leadup to picking up my car which wasn't the dealers fault, but it was all forgotten once we drove it off the forecourt :)

I know what you mean, was told that I could get my 500 on Friday, popped up the dealers today to sign my papers and now they tell me I have to wait till Sunday!
I know it's only a few days but I was really looking forward to it!! :(

I know what you mean, was told that I could get my 500 on Friday, popped up the dealers today to sign my papers and now they tell me I have to wait till Sunday!
I know it's only a few days but I was really looking forward to it!! :(

Look on the bright side, at least this weekend you should be able to enjoy the car on the bank holiday monday and tuesday :)

Back