Technical New owner - Faran Eliminator

Currently reading:
Technical New owner - Faran Eliminator

So a 30mm increase in diameter over standard discs. Someone has spent a lot of time and money on this. Do you know if this was a Faran built car or did it get put together by the owner?
In my experience it looks too good for a Faran built car!

The car was built by Faran, but then later when the dreaded rot set in the car was taken off the road for (up to) 8 years!!!! During this time it was with a local engineer who loved to customise things but didn't like writing things down ?
So basically the car had all the Faran kit removed to repair all the rust, plus many other modifications that weren't recorded before finally being returned (unfinished) to my uncle to finish fitting the interior panels e.t.c.

Unfortunately it fell out of use just a few years later and was never really finished, I was hoping to bring it back to former glory as he would have wanted!

So the day has finally come, When I have got the Eliminator out of the garage!!

It has been taken back to my garage at home to continue the repair work. (I imagine this could take some time!!)

Obligatory photo attached - please excuse the 8 years of dirt on the car, I wasn't able to clean it just yet!

First time out of gargae.jpg

Have you started it?
Not yet, need to do a few little bits before I try and start it, but been on holiday for 2 weeks so not worked on it.
Just thinking to put a little oil in the cylinders and check it turns over manually with the plugs out

Back