General NEW Orange B owner in Seoul, Korea

Currently reading:
General NEW Orange B owner in Seoul, Korea

diffengine

Hi,

Just bought Orange B, which was originally imported from Japan!

Already went through busted radiator :yuck:, but hopely she will do me good for miles to come.

Since Fiat's not officially imported in Korea, it's a rare car & a looker :cool: he he.

I'm like 2 weeks into ownership & so far:

- Put dark tint on front winshield & side windows to match the black wheels

- Changed the front headlights bulbs to whiter, brighter bulbs

- Changing light bulbs to LEDs; ceiling, side lights, license plates, rear fog, reverse

I'll post some pics & thanks to you all I now have manual in English (y)

Jay

sounds like it will be a looker, not sure about tinting windshield and side windows, will you be able to see at night!!!

welcome..
i had 30% darker foil on side windows. it's looks superb from outside... on daylight was visibility ok, but in dark was difficult... so i strip them down. i do not recommend them... barch have already darker side windows...

Hi and welcome to the forum, :)

Great to see the Barchetta getting around the world, I myself am now in sunny Cyprus and enjoy the open top motoring. You must have good sunshine over there too, but must get some bad rain at times too.

Be great to see some pic's of your B and any modifications you may have or do.

good luck and enjoy. (y) KC

Welcome. Am I right that you're not Korean then?

When we were there we saw a lot of Korean cars and a few luxury European cars (especially in Seoul) but no Fiats.

Welcome. Am I right that you're not Korean then?

When we were there we saw a lot of Korean cars and a few luxury European cars (especially in Seoul) but no Fiats.

Thanks for welcoming me guys~~~

I'm a Korean American; born in Seoul, imported to US, exported back to Seoul :D for now...

That's right; if you go to certain area in Seoul, you can see lots of European luxury cars like Ferarri, Audis, Porches...
In fact, I've seen more Ferraris in this particular area (Chung Dham Dong)than in Chicago. But Fiats are rare; a few 500L & Coupe 2.0 Turbos being imported & sold here; only a handful...

Well, we spent a week on Jeju and then another in Cheongju but it was only in Seoul that we saw non-Korean cars. Mind you that was in 2002.

Lovely country though and the people were so friendly...... I'll have to go back one day....

Anyway, back to the subject of Bachettas. I know Henk at barchettaparts.com will ship to Korea, if you need parts. There are probably others too, but just to get you started :)

Well, we spent a week on Jeju and then another in Cheongju but it was only in Seoul that we saw non-Korean cars. Mind you that was in 2002.

Lovely country though and the people were so friendly...... I'll have to go back one day....

Anyway, back to the subject of Bachettas. I know Henk at barchettaparts.com will ship to Korea, if you need parts. There are probably others too, but just to get you started :)

I see you visited here in 2002~
I believe more European car dealers have opened up since then...
You see imports everywhere...
I've heard back in early 90s, the imports were so rare, you could literally blur out "YA TA" to girls & they would get into your car..
kkk
"YA TA" means "HEY GET IN" :D

"barchettaparts.com"
Thanks for this info!!

I went to "JeJu-Do" last November & I've had good time.
I remember doing "Mandanrin Orange Picking Experience" kkk
I went to a orange farm run by government & paid $2 fee;
They gave me a small brown bag & told me I could pick & eat as much as I can & take the bagful & all my pockets full...
I've never had so many Mandarin oranges in my life...(y)

Last edited:
I see you visited here in 2002~
I believe more European car dealers have opened up since then...
You see imports everywhere...
I've heard back in early 90s, the imports were so rare, you could literally blur out "YA TA" to girls & they would get into your car..
kkk
"YA TA" means "HEY GET IN" :D

"barchettaparts.com"
Thanks for this info!!

I went to "JeJu-Do" last November & I've had good time.
I remember doing "Mandanrin Orange Picking Experience" kkk
I went to a orange farm run by government & paid $2 fee;
They gave me a small brown bag & told me I could pick & eat as much as I can & take the bagful & all my pockets full...
I've never had so many Mandarin oranges in my life...(y)

pics of my B.
http://photolog.blog.naver.com/diffmach/5454304

happy barchetta driver and happy barchetta. it looks super. nice pictures.
smile!!

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 17
sounds like it will be a looker, not sure about tinting windshield and side windows, will you be able to see at night!!!

I can see just fine~ YES IT IS DARKER...
Apparently the titing for front winshield is more specialized & expensive than sides since the translucence matters more; it's more visible; I wish I could do the back...but I think it's difficult & am afraid it may be too dark..
As you can see, I wanted to match the black wheels... :eek:

Last edited:
Back