General new mylife 1.2 available with start stop ???

Currently reading:
General new mylife 1.2 available with start stop ???

riddler118

as above after reciving my new car today i noticed no start stop button on the dash
after phoning the dealers i was informed that this was only available with the 1.4 petrol and not the 1.2
i was lead to believe it was available and i was getting it
after checking there website sg petch darlington i found it there also
basically i am just wondering if they are correct or if they are just trying to fob me off

can you confirm if this was standard or an optional extra at time of purchase
Can't be 100% certain, as it was pre-registered and in the showroom when I bought it, but I am very doubtful it was an optional extra. From what I can remember reading in the brochure at the time it was standard.

My Punto Evo Mylife 1.2 came with stop/start as standard (it was one of its selling points on that TV advert with the piano). I don't know what they've sold you, unless it was an old Active model that they've 'made' into a Mylife. Does it have Air Con? If not then, you've not got a Mylife, ask for your money back.

hi thanks for the replys
the car comes with aircon/cruise control/parking sensors etc
i have phoned fiat and they have told me its not a standard option and is an added extra £155 i think
explained that the salesman has been very misleading and they informed me this was between me and the dealers which is like digging a garden pond with a teaspoon for how helpful they are

I don't think you've got an Evo mate, I think you must have one of the new Punto's that they must be badging as Mylife as parking sensors and cruise control wern't part of the package on the Evo Mylife. To be honest, you're not missing anything at all with not having the stop/start so I wouldn't worry.

Stop/Start, you get used to it and it saves petrol and road tax is a lot lower. Whats worrying is that your new car hasnt got it when others have, thats strange. I would be worried I have been sold an old model with an up to date price. Did they give you a good discount when you bought it? Is your tax band the same as a Stop/Start model? Most small cars these days art Stop/Start but as winter draws on it will prob not cut in as you will be using the electric fan/rear window heater/cold starts more.

lol super confused now
i originally went to look for a peugeot but was shown the punto by the salesman
it was priced a £9900 with a "free" brio pack (3 door model) but they said they would do the 5 door model for the same price
brio pack as i understand includes dual climate control,parking sensors,alloys and cruise control
overall im very happy with the car but wishing i got the 1.4 due to it struggling when fully loaded with 4 passengers and shopping lol
but maybe in 4 years

lol super confused now
i originally went to look for a peugeot but was shown the punto by the salesman
it was priced a £9900 with a "free" brio pack (3 door model) but they said they would do the 5 door model for the same price
brio pack as i understand includes dual climate control,parking sensors,alloys and cruise control
overall im very happy with the car but wishing i got the 1.4 due to it struggling when fully loaded with 4 passengers and shopping lol
but maybe in 4 years

Yep, as per the other comments you've got a new Punto rather than a Punto Evo.(y)

Basically your car is a 1.2 Punto Easy with the Brio kit (this has been advertised quite a lot in the papers). According to Fiat's website, the 1.2 doesn't have S/S as standard but it costs £150 as an option. The 1.4 model does get it though.

They have done something similar in the new Panda as the 1.2 which I've got doesn't have S/S either. Think it's to try and encourage people to "trade up" from the 1.2.

If you haven't really driven the 1.2 much before, I'm pleased to say it is a decent little engine. It'll certainly feel better once you've got some miles on the clock, but more importantly it does like to be revved as well.(y)

Edit - also have to say what a cracking deal for a 5-door Punto as well! All that kit for less than 10 grand, excellent.

Back