Barchetta New member.

Currently reading:
Barchetta New member.

Ian Bradley

Hi all just joined the group, we’ve got two Fiats a 2012 , 500 and a 1996 Barchetta we’ve owned both from new but the Barchetta we loaned it to my daughter 8 years ago and it had to be put on a trailer to get it back home 200 miles as she let it go to wreck and ruin but its all mechanically sound now and has its MOT so that’s good and just need to get some new wiper blade arm caps and a few other bits and pieces.
i also need to replace the hard top lining but found a good video on how to replace it so I’ll give it a go at some point.
cheers Ian

Attachments

• 4B2C9963-9A3A-4605-87B9-5F6C9235A362.jpeg
    4B2C9963-9A3A-4605-87B9-5F6C9235A362.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 53
Welcome, it’s the same color as mine. Enjoy it!!
Thanks I’ve started working on it yesterday the first job is the bonnet pull cable is corroded inside the outer cover so I’ve detached the catch end and made a funnel to send oil down to try and release it.

I changed the hard top liner last year. It's not hard at all. It is important to have special glue spray for this. Be careful not to cut too much when cutting the material for the rear window. Be careful not to stretch the material hard, because that's where it peels off. Look for mushroom-shaped plastic clips before you start. Being old, many will break when you take it apart. Success!

I changed the hard top liner last year. It's not hard at all. It is important to have special glue spray for this. Be careful not to cut too much when cutting the material for the rear window. Be careful not to stretch the material hard, because that's where it peels off. Look for mushroom-shaped plastic clips before you start. Being old, many will break when you take it apart. Success!
What lining did you use a where from and what adhesive? Cheers

Back