New member! Hi all 😊

Currently reading:
New member! Hi all 😊

Hi all-I’ve joined up for advice and help with my aged 1997 Fiat Ducato 2.5d based Swift Royale 610 motorhome, I’m quite at home with mechanical and body repair, owned many 60s-80s cars including a Mazda RX-3, Rover SD1s and a DeLorean for many years. Looking at engine repair data for the RV and I’ve found some very helpful information downloads already 👍🏻 82FB2555-300D-4D2A-94BC-B90FC72B5F18.jpeg

Hi all-I’ve joined up for advice and help with my aged 1997 Fiat Ducato 2.5d based Swift Royale 610 motorhome, I’m quite at home with mechanical and body repair, owned many 60s-80s cars including a Mazda RX-3, Rover SD1s and a DeLorean for many years. Looking at engine repair data for the RV and I’ve found some very helpful information downloads already 👍🏻View attachment 410626
There are lots of knowledgeable people on the forum.
My knowledge re Ducato is mainly the Sofim engine as I used to run Ivecos with them. Re the RX3s I rebuilt a couple of the rotary engines in the mid 1970s when a foreman at a Mazda Dealership, long time ago;)

There are lots of knowledgeable people on the forum.
My knowledge re Ducato is mainly the Sofim engine as I used to run Ivecos with them. Re the RX3s I rebuilt a couple of the rotary engines in the mid 1970s when a foreman at a Mazda Dealership, long time ago;)
Yes, there’s a lot of info on here, I’m changing the timing belt shortly and every bit of info helps especially walkthroughs.
Not many RX3s left in the UK, but Australia has a growing affection for them.

Yes, there’s a lot of info on here, I’m changing the timing belt shortly and every bit of info helps especially walkthroughs.
Not many RX3s left in the UK, but Australia has a growing affection for them.
Re the RX3s great to drive and generally work on, just a lot of small seals and springs etc, etc, for something claimed to have few moving parts when doing a major engine job. As I recall something like 42 moving seals, tips etc. plus the tension springs under them, just on one rotor alone. I liked the 818 coupe similar to the RX3 but conventional, manual or automatic very reliable and easy to service.
Mind you some of the modern cars make those Mazdas look simple.

Back