Styling new instrument cluster - lights and proxy alignment

Currently reading:
Styling new instrument cluster - lights and proxy alignment

mibix

Yum Yum
Hi. I have seen a cheap insrutument cluster off a better spec car (inc rev counter and temp guage). the milage is more or less the same. I was wondering, with it being an analogue mileometer, would it make a mess if I don't align the proxy (if thats the proper word for matching the miles) as £70 seems a lot for a mile or 2?

Also does anyone know what LEDs size and power i would need for the instrument cluster? I have looked across the site but cannot find the specs and dont fancy paying £10 off ebay for something maplin does for £1.

I dont fancy pulling the cluster apart until I know I have everything.

Thanks, Adam

Some of them flash which means you have to get them proxy aligned, other sets don't.

4 sets I've had didn't flash and only one did.

Hi mate,

As yours is a Mk1 punto, you dont need proxy alignment, That only applies to Mk2 onwards. Your mileage can easily be adjusted forwards or backwards manually.

Alan

the best thing to do with the bulbs aswell is when you take your clocks out there are little boxes o the back just twist them and the come out containing the bulb .. juts take one and go to maplins and match it!

Cheers guys. I didn't think that you would be able to change the milage manually backwards or forwards due to people being able to clock their cars! But if I can, at least I can get the milage spot on.

I take it all the bulbs are the same then? Would maplins know instantly what bulb I would need?

Thanks, Adam

Back