New HGT owner!!!! Idea's for a Name??

Currently reading:
New HGT owner!!!! Idea's for a Name??

K

Karl

As the title suggests i now own a HGT as well as the HLX.... Von kindly held on to the HGT she had which had symptoms of a fault with the TDC Sensor and would not start...

P010810_0757-1-1.jpg

At 8am yesterday I drove the S40 down to Birmingham and picked the HGT up pulling it back on the M42 and M6 on a fixed bar, the legality of which is a very grey area.... Anyhow whilst on the way back we had the police pass us 3 times and stopped right next to a Police BMW at the services also the Highways Agency passed us none batted an eyelid so taking the precautions of clearLy stating ON TOW, displaying the reg No of the vehicle towing and tying a hi-vis to the tow bar seemed to be enough...

Well after getting her home i gave her a wash and colour magic'd a small area which looks better now also i played about a bit with the wire and plug to the TDC Sensor and the injector light has gone off and stayed off allowing me to start the car 1st time every time I have tried from 7pm onwards and it still starts this morning whoo hoo...

Now then, VON called her BU the last three letters of the reg are LBU, id like to change the name but am really stuck, Patch would of been good (considering the faded red panels) but has already been taken god rest its sole... Big Red i think has been taken so has anyone got any suggestions.

All welcome

P010810_075601.jpg

Morning Karl, glad you got home OK.

Careful with that sensor though, that is exactly what was happening to us, until it seemed to give up completely. Tim was getting intermittent readings on it remember. If you have fixed it, good luck, runs well though doesn't she (and it is female we decided).

Whatever you call her I will always think of her as Boo.

As I am no longer a Bravo owner I will not be with you at meets. However, still have an Italian car so hopefully see you at some Auto Italia do's.

Good Luck

Von

th_030-1.jpg

Hi Von, guess i got a little over excited about it starting as it has given up the goose again... boo hoo hoo... never mind.

I did take her up and down the road and my god the difference from a 1.8 is massive. I like it....

HGT? thats a good shout not....

Agreed that its female.. so the name has to be relevant...

good luck with it mate,hope you sort it and manage to get it on the road :)

Mike

mikey_sig2.jpg

A Fiat Marea in a Bravo Shell..its good to be different ;)

sorry bud forgot to add welcome to hgt world of motoring where every good deed doesnt go un punished lol

lube ;) lol

mikey_sig2.jpg

A Fiat Marea in a Bravo Shell..its good to be different ;)