Technical new guy with injector problem

Currently reading:
Technical new guy with injector problem

peterwhit

can anyone help? ive got a 2001 weekend 1.9 jtd When i overtake and accelerate hard, the injector light comes on intermitantly, when it does the performance is drasticly reduced!!! light stays on for 1or 2 mins then goes out and all is well again. had the car for four years with only one problem soon after i got it the mass airflow sensor died and had to be replaced. I have tried an injector cleaner in the diesel but no change!!??. many thanks.

Hi mate,

Sounds like it could be the boost solenoid giving you problems. Have it put on a fault code reader and it should confirm or deny it, but its fairly common.

Alan

Hi Alan
Just got the car back from fault code check and the fault code was
P0236 turbo boost presure sensor. Got a price for sensor at 48.49 can you tell me where the sensor is and i can check if its a damp problem

many thanks

Pete

Hi mate.... yea its a common problem. If you look down towards your turbo under the exhaust manifold, you will see 2 small pipes coming from the side of the turbo. Follow these back towards the air box and they will meat at the boost solenoid which has a third pipe coming from it. You can undo the clips that connect the pipes (remember which pipe goes to which inlet) and then disconnect the wiring harness. You can then use carb cleaner in a spray can and spray it into the outlets and allow all the black gunk that will come out to run off. Then stick it in the sun (or a slightly warm radiator) for a few hours and it should dry it all out. The you can reconnect it all up (check all the pipes for splits as this is also a common problem and whilst your at it...might as well) Take for a test drive and make sure you get in lots of overtakes etc to replicate the conditions that normally trigger the warning light and the ECU going into safe mode. Fingers crossed it'll work.... if not then you'll be an expert at replacing the solenoid as you've already had it off once!!

Good luck,
Alan

Back