Technical New exhaust

Currently reading:
Technical New exhaust

jacko264

Hello all
The Wifes car fiat 500 needs a new exhaust after only 22,000miles
so my question is do we go for a genuine fiat one or a after market one
Do the engines run ok with a after market one ?
thank you for any help
Graham

http://ulter.com.pl/en/offer/dedicated/fiat/500_2007/hatchback/1-2i_51kw/m/102/389

No shippingcosts to UK.

s_320_500_107-114-07-2.jpg

So last MOT said minor leak on exhaust(Oct 17) well its got worse, so new exhaust it is, I could have cut out the failed flexible but as the whole section was only £24.41 it was a obvious choice, the rear section being only £32.98, just need two clamps @£1.59 ea, cheap motoring?

Now I just need a nice day and maybe the sons help!(now that would be something, dragging him away from the PC)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-500...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1x-OE-Qu...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Hello all
The Wifes car fiat 500 needs a new exhaust after only 22,000miles
so my question is do we go for a genuine fiat one or a after market one
Do the engines run ok with a after market one ?
thank you for any help
Graham
I had to replace the exhaust on my wifes twin air 105 S at 22k miles /3 yrs+ old, a bespoke st/st one was £100 less than a Fiat standard one. So st st it was, even at £300+. There is a national franchise that makes them, Mr Google should help you. A year later the sound and performance is terrific

Last edited:
We had to replace the first back box on my wife's 500 at 2 years old. I was livid that when we reported the rattle from it to the dealer at the 2 year service my wife was told to see if it was still happening it 2 weeks then bring it back.

After the two weeks the car had ticked over from the full warranty to the worthless third year, so we had to pay for it. Suffice to say that we haven't used that dealer since!

That exhaust lasted longer than the first, but replaced it again today with whatever cheap part our local garage supplied, I see back boxes as consumable on these.

We had to replace the first back box on my wife's 500 at 2 years old. I was livid that when we reported the rattle from it to the dealer at the 2 year service my wife was told to see if it was still happening it 2 weeks then bring it back.

After the two weeks the car had ticked over from the full warranty to the worthless third year, so we had to pay for it. Suffice to say that we haven't used that dealer since!

I would have argued that with the dealer. You reported the issue while the car was in warranty. Therefore they knew about the issue within the warranty period. They chose to take a risk and ask you to see if the issue was still present after 2 weeks? Which is was. But the issue was present within the warranty period full stop and they were advised as such. I'd have taken them to task on that.

I think this is the route I'll be taking with my daughters lounge. The current back box has delaminated externally now, badly. It's on borrowed time. I like the tailpipe on this as I see so many 500's that have had a back box but the ones they've fitted have hideously small pea shooter tailpipes! Ours still has that nice chrome letterbox tailpipe. My question is:

What does the ulter box sound like?

I think this is the route I'll be taking with my daughters lounge. The current back box has delaminated externally now, badly. It's on borrowed time. I like the tailpipe on this as I see so many 500's that have had a back box but the ones they've fitted have hideously small pea shooter tailpipes! Ours still has that nice chrome letterbox tailpipe. My question is:

What does the ulter box sound like?

Did you see you have a choice of 4 different endpipes?

Back