General New Doblo owner

Currently reading:
General New Doblo owner

blackbird pilot

Hi all, after a few years of threatening the wife that I would buy one of those funny looking taxi's that they have in Turkey I have just got one. 120 dynamic in silver. Expanding family forced me into changing my little fabia vrs for the bus so its a definate change of pace.

Had the EML come on today but Doncaster Fiat sorted it (DPF and a solenoid problem) at really short notice and also liaised with the place I got it from so that it was all paid for when I picked it up.

First time I have ever used them and I was impressed with their service and helpfulness - the young lady on the desk seemed to know her stuff and the experience was painless.

Might be my imagination but other drivers seem more courteous when i'm driving this and I certainly raised a few smiles at work. Hope its as good an ownership experience as the skoda was.

Hi and welcome (y)
you'll certainly notice a difference in performance from a VRS but I think you'll find the 120 isn't too slugish, plus you'll never fill that boot ;).
The 120 out-performs all other cars in it's category, but they are a little thirsty.

oh dear blackbird, dont want to be a killjoy, BUT if you've only just got it and you've got a dpf problem, be afraid, be very afraid, my 2 years old and 2 weeks dobbie suffered a DPF failure, and it cost £1300 quid to put right, yes that right £1300 smackers, and them ****s at fiat didnt want to know, so know I drive a skoda roomster !
I still like fiats we have 2 panda mj's in the family less than 2 years old, thankfully they dont have dpf's fitted.

Well having read up on the DPF problems it would seem that a regular sympathetic thrashing should avoid the issue. The car was an ex motability vehicle so I don't know how the previous owner drove it.

Whatever the issue it certainly performs better now and is responding well to a bit of welly.

Range readout is a complete joke, left work and it said 385miles drove 8 miles home and it had gone to 565miles so I don't think i'll put much faith in it. Not done enough miles yet to get a really accurate fuel figure but it seems to be high 30's which is ok but a little disappointing. Having read some of the other posts on here it seems to be about right tho.

At the end of the day all cars have problems at some point so i'm just gonna enjoy the fact that this puts a smile on my face when I drive it and cross my fingers.

interesting what you say about the fuel, mine was a 1.3 mj, I was only getting 43 to the gallon, since I switched to the roomster 1.4 diesel, its gone up to 61 mpg, so I'm much happier.

Back