Technical new clocks for the onyx instead of pod

Currently reading:
Technical new clocks for the onyx instead of pod

Hi all, winter project to be set out....

want to replace the pod with seperate clocks, lights etc but not sure what i need in regards clocks..

speedo clock
rev counter( i know not part of it now but would like one)
small lights for Indicater, handbrake, ignition, oil etc.
oil pressure guage(not sure where to get feed from but a sandwich plate between filter and block sounds right)
amps meter(where to get feed from)

so as you see i need to get all the info first before i buy the stuff because i was gonna use either a aluminuim dash with holes cut out ar a wood with laminate cover.

any ideas which way to go would be helpfull.

PS, its the 998 spi 1994 engine/wiring loom

thanks all, just wanna start shopping for bit as soon i can before winter comes

kevin

Oil pressure gauge works from an adapter that screws in instead of the warning light sender I think. Then a thin pipe takes oil up to the gauge. That may be old skool now, not sure.

yes was looking at older smiths clocks, just searched the net for the oil pressur guage fitting and mechanical is probs best, get a T piece and fit it to the side wall in engine bay then pipe to block....

rest of it is well personall choice for the speedo, revs etc......but i shall start shopping this weekend..LOL

kevin

Anyone know if i get an electronic speedo you can get the gizmo that bolts to the gearbox to convert it......

been looking at the smiths speedos with manual cable but the panda does not have a threaded connecter on the pod, its a push fit ???

would i have to get a compatable cable for the manual one or try and find an electronic speedo with gizmo.....

thanks

kevin

Back