New Car Opinions!

Currently reading:
New Car Opinions!

W

Wimmy

Long time since I posted!
Anyways - I respect the opinion of you lot. 
I have a few cars I am looking at at the mo.  The Celica is now on 115k and time to move on.  Unfortunately that means only a £1500 trade in :(
The options:
2006 Alfa 147 1.6 Lusso, 36000 with full black leather interior.  £5000.  As most are aware I had a bad experience with a pre-facelift 147 (02 plate, 48000).  This looks v tasty.  My heart says YES YES YES, my head says no.
2008 Vectra 1.8 SRi, 20,000.  Standard SRi in black. £5900.  My heart says sales rep.  My head says a good low milage car with plenty space to fit the kids in comfortably and loads of boot space.
2008 Astra 1.6.  Similar to above
2008 Volvo S40 1.6 S with 25,000 for £6500 in dark metallic grey.  Had never noticed these before.  Nice looking car IMO and a nice drive.  Heart says maybe, head says this car will last.
Ideally after a car thats gonna last a few years, but also a car that is me.
Opinions please

Well I know just what your going through!!

After having to sell the Golf cos someone over did the wedding.... Oops.... we just have the HGT.

Prob we find, if you pay just £1k more you can get a .........

£6k will get u a lot of car... Are you more concerned about resale value or are you happy to say.... I will loose £200 a month on a car.

If ur happy to loose said amount, why not lease a car??? It'll be brand new and if it goes wrong you get a replacement same day!!

If you want to buy then unfortunately the Ford Mondeo is a cracking car!!

The Jetta is a cheaper golf, but so is a Seat or the Golf Plus.

Volvo diesel is a cracker.... Just boring!

147 is just old now.... How about a Cee'd????

:)

style5,TommyK.png

plate-2.jpg

Cheers Tommy but the above are the options.  Buying by topping a loan up.  Further finance not an option.
Looked at all sortsandnarrowed down to the above 3 (considering price, vailablity, age, mileage and all that).  Mondeos a little pricey for a low mileage, all diesels are silly priced at the mo or high mileage of in my price range.

None, well Volvo maybe but the 1.8 engine.

Saab 93 or Skoda Octavia!!

style5,TommyK.png

plate-2.jpg

What about an octavia v-rs diesel? They will run forever, return good mpg and still look quite tasty as well?

Paul, I think the budget is £6000 judging from the choices. Occy diesel is a great car, just not for Wimmy I bet!!

Can't go wrong with a Golf, they are bought by people who can't decide what car to buy..... That's why we got one! It's why Kate wants another, saves all this time deciding what else we could have.

style5,TommyK.png

plate-2.jpg

I would go with the Volvo, having had the old S40 TD it was a most comfortable car i have driven, yes i looked like a 30 year old grandad but something about the car made me happy when driving it, by no means was it powerful but just the assurance of a solid car with all sorts of protection SIPS ect and a TD engine that would of run into the next millenium...

S40 for me.....

P010810_075601.jpg

Wimmy, i would go for the Vectra, i had a vectra 1.8 sri a few years ago on a 02 plate (vectra c) we had it a while (had to sell due to needing more seats) but i was sad to see it go, was a brilliant car, never went wrong and it had over 80k onit and also looked really nice, although our one was lowered on eibach which sharpened up the ride a great deal, the actual drive was brilliant and i would say at this present time i would have another one tomorrow if i could afford it.

NEWSIG.jpg
[/IMG]
Fiat Marea Weekend 2.0 20v HLX 147 83k and so far so good!

Down & Out Stickers available only here bravo and marea weekend only £5 incl delivery

+ 1 for the Saab 93 suggestion. Lovely car. Have seen Volvos and Saabs with 200k+ on the clock. That's a few years of motoring in anyone's book.

Have you had a look at these car repossession places that seem to be popping up everywhere at the moment. Some real bargains to be had, on the face of it at least.

Options

I'd strongly advise you to actually test drive the Vauxhall options on the list, the seats in both are stupidly uncomfortable and will give you back ache on long journeys. I had an Astra Sport Hatch for a couple of years as a company car, great to look at just uncomfortable on distance driving