Bravo New Bravo Dualogic owner

Currently reading:
Bravo New Bravo Dualogic owner

stuartmc

Hi all.

Great forum! We recently bought a Bravo 1.4 T-Jet 120 Dynamic with Dualogic box in bright red. It's late 2009 with just under 10k miles. We needed an auto as my better half had a shoulder op and struggling with gears on long journeys. We both love the car, but not so sure about keeping it for long after reading about expensive Dualogic problems.

Have the Dualogic boxes been improved at any stage or are they all likely to be unreliable? I think this car is one of the first Bravo Dialogic as the owner said she had to wait for it to be introduced.

Also, is it practical to fix a faulty Dualogic box yourself? I've had a classic hydraulic Citroen for years that I've always maintained so not too phased by a bit of hydraulic work if that's the problem (some of these are also two pedal semi-auto).

Stuart

Welcome to FF :)

Ignore the things you see in the main, people are only going to mention the problems. If you want horror stories, look up VW and Skoda DSG automatic gearboxes :eek:

They can be fixed yourself, but only if you're very confident tbh. They're simple in their operation, but people don't understand their operation and allow companies to rip them off with repairs if needed.

My main advise would be to just keep it well maintained and serviced.

The Dualogic has been about for a while on the Bravo, yours is far from the first, just they've always had to be factory orders, so always incurred a 12week or so order time.

I've have mine since July last year, now got 75k on the clock and I'm knocking on 20k a year in mine, reliability has never been an issue (y)

Enjoy your motor, there's only about 250 Dualogic Bravo's in the UK so we're a rather unique few :D

Good advice, it seems just fine at the mo, and no plans to do anything in a hurry.

Is there anything particular about the Dualogic that needs service? I guess it's a good idea to use Fiat fluids and change them regularly if that's necessary. It was new in Dec 09 then dealer serviced Dec 10 and Dec 11, but has hardly been driven since that last service. Do you think it's worth servicing it now? I hadn't planned to as it's just stood around for a year.

Is there any service information available for Dualogic or is that not published outside Fiat?

Stuart

What mileage has it done since the last service? I'm not sure in the intervals for the Petrol version, but worth checking your handbook.

If you've not got a handbook and / or the dualogic supplement they can be downloaded from HERE (y)

Just clutch fluid which should be done every 35k/km iirc.

Nothing in circulation info wise regarding the dualogic, but easily self taught if you're happy to have a play, that how I've sorted the dualogic box on our Panda (accident damaged write off by the way, not faulty :p).

I have had a Dualogic for almost 3yrs/54,000km. It works fine.

Back