Tuning New boots on the Classic 100HP Panda

Currently reading:
Tuning New boots on the Classic 100HP Panda

Mate, i just had to go find your build thread and read it, top class i love it. And wheel choice is bob on for the car, top marks to you go the the head of the class..

I shall have to go check out the rest of this section for fast panda's, i have been thinking my 1108 turbo engine would be well funny in a panda. Not sure i could bring myself to dismantle the seicento though lol
Well ta very much! 1108 turbo should drop in fine, although the 1.4 16v turbo from the 500, Bravo, Grande, etc. is clearly the ultimate easyish Engine upgrade. I feel confident that it would be drivable having felt what mine is like with 2.5 times normal power.

Anyway, good news:

LLANDOW HAVE INVITED ME BACK FOR A TRACK DAY ON 3RD OCTOBER.

Free entry, so turn up if you want to see the Panda. If you can muster a helmet I will take anyone round that wants a go. No cost to watch or passenger BTW.

I'll be swapping the front tyres for the rears which should see me through the day!

Got a couple of pics from Total Kit Car. Was expecting a head on one, but obviously wasn't out at the right times. Oh well

Are the any turbo panda's about? Apart from the 10 or so ltd edition ones produced
Which ones are they?

Attachments

• llandow1.jpg
    llandow1.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 29
  • llandow2.jpg
    llandow2.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 32
1.4 16v tub would be so much fun!

Are the any turbo panda's about? Apart from the 10 or so ltd edition ones produced

Im back...just been working a hell of alot......

The turbo pandas were made by A.F. Tann of Putney London.

About 8 were made with the thumbs up from Fiat..Uno turbo engines.

The guy i met lives in Essex and has a totally org one..He has posted on here years ago under DJ something or other..i will check as a pic of the car is on his avitar...

djblack.....check his page for pic's!!!!!....Got his email address..he said he would never sell it...but you never know..:devil:

Plus he is well fussy with keeping his pandas perfect....i saw a super he was selling and it was immac!!

djblack.....check his page for pic's!!!!!....Got his email address..he said he would never sell it...but you never know..:devil:

Plus he is well fussy with keeping his pandas perfect....i saw a super he was selling and it was immac!!
Fair enough! Thanks for finding this out. Rare isn't the word! A good condition one of those would be worth some cash to an Italian collector I would have thought.

That looks totally amazing and the best bit is that you've kept it looking standard (like even down to fitting wheels that look like they were sold on the car)
:slayer:
Cheer Jim. I've been careful with wheel choice. Pretty easy to spoil the look, even with other 13" ones. UT wheels are pretty tight fit at the back. Because the Bilsteins are bigger than standard shocks at the bottom, I had to grind a chunk off them to allow the wheel to run through. I only realised this on the day of the event when I set off with weight of gear and full fuel tank.

I'm going again in two weeks time, but I guess you are on the wrong island?

We tried it once before and as you can tell by my co pilots foul language we didn't really take it to seriously....

Everyone was very nice to us at the trackday and thought we were quite mad to bring the panda

Jim

It was the point were Ash suggested that we were trailing the door mirrors on the tarmac that I thought we'd need to do something about the body roll if we were to take it seriously....

We tried it once before and as you can tell by my co pilots foul language we didn't really take it to seriously....

YouTube - Fiat panda Track Day

Everyone was very nice to us at the trackday and thought we were quite mad to bring the panda

Jim

There is nothing more satisfying that tyre squeel from a Panda :devil: :)

Back