General New Amp location? Where to put it..

Currently reading:
General New Amp location? Where to put it..

dtsirlis

Hey everybody,

I am in the market for a small new amp (not made for power but for enhanced sound quality) for my new Bravo. I want it to be inconspicuous. Is there any room under the dash or behind the front panels to put it? A previous car of mine (not a fiat) had a factory amp installed and it was right next to the passenger side panel (where the passenger would put his left leg).

Any input would be great!

Thanks,

D :slayer:

Have you looked under the carpet in the boot?

I'm not sure whether any of the new Bravo's come with a spare wheel but every one I've seen to date (mine included) have what is known as a 'quick repair kit' for puntures. It means no spare wheel.

As a result there are some extra storage areas under the carpet in the boot where a wheel would be.

Maybe you could fit an amp in there?

Last edited:
Have you thought of how your are going to connect it to the headunit as im not sure weather the new style has preouts. If you want to put in an after market unit then you will loose your steering controlls and the Blue and me whatever that does i havnt figured out everything that you can do with that yet. Also i thought that the bravo's sounds were quite good im not sure weather you will see much benefit from a small amp less than 60w RMS per channel. And have you seen how the Tweaters wire as this may not be as streight forward as tapping into the wires behind the sterio.

Back