General New aerial

Currently reading:
General New aerial

Winckley

The aerial on my '97 Barchetta has stuck and needs replacing. I have seen a few online at around £40 that specify they are for the B. Is this true?

A couple of what exactly? There are electric and manual antennas.
I use manual one, it's always in semi-open position, a nice touch to the beautiful exterior of the B.

Well we chose a simple "rubber duck" antenna as a replacement. Looks OK, works well and no messing with is it up/down/etc. After fitting it we decided that the one we had chosen was good so bought another as a spare.

Everything else remains intact so reverting to a self raising/closing electric unit is still possible.

Now for the fun part (I'm only joking)

The old all elctric unit weighed over 2 kilos. The replacement much less than 0.5 kilos. So our acceleration if not fuel economy has been improved :)

Any link for the new rubber antenna ?

From my notes:

Electric Aerial packed up - failed to fix it - corroded PCB, broken relay (internal)

Fitted Autoleads RMA878H Rubber Aerial (Halfords 187641)

Note: Wing hole is 20mm diam. Aerial requires 10mm. Packed diameter with nylon washer over packing sliding sleeve stud. Also large penny washers, one rubber and one of steel.

This link https://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-accessories/exterior-styling/autoleads-rubber-aerial-575966.html shows a similar but slightly different (I think) design.

Autoleads RMA878H seems to be a generic model number for whatever current sourced production is.

The reason I bought two after fitting the first is explained by the wing hole being 20mm and the ideal hole size being 10mm. So I had to do a little jiggery pokey so having found the ideal washers etc. it made sense to obtain a second unit should I ever need to replace the one I'd just fitted.

Last edited:
Back