500 (Electric) New 500 electric owner

Currently reading:
500 (Electric) New 500 electric owner

Hi I live in West Wales. I’ve actually just resumed active membership of the forum. I drove a manual Panda TwinAir Trekking between 2014 and 2020, and then passed it on to my son in Bristol. I replaced it with a Suzuki Splash torque converter automatic - sadly FIAT could only offer automated manuals on their smaller cars at the time.

Anyway he is now getting the Splash because his wife is not confident driving a manual. She lived in Australia, where nearly all the cars are autos. Also it has a bit more room for new baby paraphernalia. The Panda is returning here for the time being, but I suspect my older teenage grandchildren will be learning to drive on it. Important they get manual driving licenses.

My new car is a two year old 500 Electric La Prima, bought from the well known FIAT dealer in West Wales BV Rees. Fortunately it has the winter pack of heated seats and a quick clear front windscreen. I was surprised to find out that this is an optional extra.

I have studied the various forum posts on the car’s climate control and preconditioning options. These are helpful but I haven’t totally mastered the complexities yet!

I am getting a Zappi 7kw charger from Octopus in ten days time, which is a good investment as other folk in the family have electric cars. I’ll need to get to grips with the features that will offer as well.

The car will mainly be used for local journeys and regular trips to Bristol (130 miles each way). I will be doing a fast charge en route to keep the battery topped up. It’s a pity the achievable range isn’t quite enough for a non stop journey but hopefully there will be plenty of working chargers in the M4 service areas.

Looking forward to keeping myself updated on 500 electric topics. It’s a fun little car.

Reactions: ben
Welcome!Great to know that the Fiat 500 your new car. By the way, I like the ABRP application - it helps you plan routes taking into account charging stops.

Hi and welcome to the groups! gotta say electric dont do it for me( to much petrol in me blood i guess) but im sure you will enjoy your 500 they have had lots of fairly good reviews and does everything anyone needs i guess (with the possible exception of range!) let us know of your experences along the way!

Back