Technical Need urgent help with speedo please

Currently reading:
Technical Need urgent help with speedo please

Matt4347

Need urgent help with speedo please.
Hello,

Im hoping someone out there might be able to help with this.

I was driving back home today, quite happily crusing along the motorway, but then the next thing i know my speedo suddenly drops right down to zero and dies! I pulled in at the next service station to see if turning the engine off and starting again would bring it back to life but that didn't work. I had about another 1+1/2 hours drive after that to and it remained dead for the duration.

When i turn the key the speedo does move up about a milimeter but just won't seem to work at all. The rest of the dash pannel seems fine, no warning lights, rev counter is fine, backlights, odometer etc. I really need to fix this asap as i can't really use the car with a dead speedo lol.

If it helps its a 1999 1.2.

If anyone has any ideas i'd be very greatful.

Thanks
Matt

Thanks, is that easy to get to and replace? or does it involve taking other bits out to get to it?

Thanks again
Matt

it is on the gearbox, you can most easily access it from above and on the 1.2 i dont think you need to reomve anything other than the air intake. it simply screws out of the gearbox after you disconnecting its wiring connector.

Thanks for that, i've found it now. I've pulled out what i can, which is a plastic L shaped connector bit that the lead was plugged into, and some metal rod thing about an inch long. Are these the bits that i should be replacing or is there more hidden away inside to remove?

Thanks again,
Matt

Back