Mystery

Currently reading:
Mystery

124spiderman

Does anyone have a clue?

Really a simple procedure that took almost half a day. If anyone can answer I would be duly grateful.
I replaced a set of contact points - done this before dozens of times as most of you have - removed the dist from block, replaced points and condenser etc. I then attempt to set the timing up statically, upon re-installing the dist, I set the dist with rotor pointer on No. 4 with engine at 10deg BTDC - as I have done countless times before. I then check with a test lamp at the low tension wire (primary circuit) for the light to turn off then rotate counter for the light to turn on. (points begin to open)
Now here is my dilemma. The test bulb IS ALWAYS ON. ie turning the dist has no effect.
I check the points and they open and close accordingly.
Tested coil found OK. Check points gap. OK
Any clues to what may have caused this? A short perhaps? where?
It eventually sorted itself. .:confused: Don't know...:idea:

Does anyone have a clue?

Really a simple procedure that took almost half a day. If anyone can answer I would be duly grateful.
I replaced a set of contact points - done this before dozens of times as most of you have - removed the dist from block, replaced points and condenser etc. I then attempt to set the timing up statically, upon re-installing the dist, I set the dist with rotor pointer on No. 4 with engine at 10deg BTDC - as I have done countless times before. I then check with a test lamp at the low tension wire (primary circuit) for the light to turn off then rotate counter for the light to turn on. (points begin to open)
Now here is my dilemma. The test bulb IS ALWAYS ON. ie turning the dist has no effect.
I check the points and they open and close accordingly.
Tested coil found OK. Check points gap. OK
Any clues to what may have caused this? A short perhaps? where?
It eventually sorted itself. .:confused: Don't know...:idea:
The ponters shoul har an opening 0,4 mm with max opening.
There can be a shield between them?
(cleaning is importent)
The ground is missing om the pointerfastening?
The thing is that the ground is missing!

Back