500 My Wife's new 'New age cream' fiat 500

Currently reading:
500 My Wife's new 'New age cream' fiat 500

Good pairing of cars - nice constrasting forms and functions.

Not convinced the number plate on your Mercedes is legal mind you....

Always had a soft spot for high powered estates. Curiosity got the better of me and after checking out the 481 bhp of that 6.2L V8 AMG stumpled 'across' an interesting statistic - it has 6.9 times the power of a 69bhp 1.2 500. Also surprised that the AMG is deemed to be de-tuned but with a compression ratio of 11.3:1. Might be one the best Naturally Aspirated engines made in the world and one that doesn't warrant a forced induction setup. I could just imagine what that car is like doing an 8 minute Nuburgring laptime.:)

Always had a soft spot for high powered estates. Curiosity got the better of me and after checking out the 481 bhp of that 6.2L V8 AMG stumpled 'across' an interesting statistic - it has 6.9 times the power of a 69bhp 1.2 500. Also surprised that the AMG is deemed to be de-tuned but with a compression ratio of 11.3:1. Might be one the best Naturally Aspirated engines made in the world and one that doesn't warrant a forced induction setup. I could just imagine what that car is like doing an 8 minute Nuburgring laptime.:)

Yes it is a semi skimmed variant! I guess with skills you can tune it to full fat yes?
Is that engine being produced anymore? if it isnt its a big shame because it really sounds insane.

Yes it is a semi skimmed variant! I guess with skills you can tune it to full fat yes?
Is that engine being produced anymore? if it isnt its a big shame because it really sounds insane.

Get the impression that it's still being made and EVO summarise the figures. You can add another 100bhp to the 'standard' 6.3L which is 60bhp to the AMG one in NA form. There are supercharger kits but it will cost €20K+. There is a V8 5.5L bi-turbo one that can be bought but why would you bother.

... if it isnt its a big shame because it really sounds insane.

Was tempted to ask the OP for a soundtrack from his AMG but I wouldn't want him copying this politically incorrect youtube. Note the name on text message on the iphone and the electronically operated hatch - no need for big straps.;) Reckon that the fuel used for that 'pickup' was the same amount used for a week in the 500 1.2.:)

I heard Merc are phasing out the 6.3 engine on their newer amg models which is a big shame. I am a fan of NA cars and if i was splashing the cash on a nice car i would never consider a turbo or a supercharger.

I heard Merc are phasing out the 6.3 engine on their newer amg models which is a big shame. I am a fan of NA cars and if i was splashing the cash on a nice car i would never consider a turbo or a supercharger.
:Offtopic:
Had to look a little harder but you're correct on that Ahmett (Click here) - the NA 6.2L V8 is dis-continued.

Figures quoted by Evo on the revised NA V8 6.2 given the output were pretty good with 280grs/km & 23.5mpg.

Looks like even the bigger engines are getting the turbo charged treatment.

:Offtopic:
Had to look a little harder but you're correct on that Ahmett (Click here) - the NA 6.2L V8 is dis-continued.

Figures quoted by Evo on the revised NA V8 6.2 given the output were pretty good with 280grs/km & 23.5mpg.

Looks like even the bigger engines are getting the turbo charged treatment.

Yes it seems the only ones that havent are the big bosses, Ferrari, Lamborghini and Aston Martin. Lets hope that remains. And Audi if you include the R8, but knowing how the Germans are you know that will change soon.

They are still using the 6.2 v8 in the c class amg until the new model comes out in 2013/2014 as the 5.5 twin turbo will not fit in the c class or the slk .

Also my amg was a brand new 2012 car which I got in May after waiting four months for it to be built as it was a factory order to my spec.

You can still order a new c class 6.2 v8 as a good friend of mine works for merc.

Back