DSC01775.JPG

Grande Punto My white GPS

Introduction

Just thought id put a post in this section to show everyone of how my GPS looks.

When i first got it

Since then ive done quite a lot of small things:
Abarth Tailights
Tints all round
Remapped to 179.5bhp + 277lbft
KW Coilovers
Sprayed top front grill black to match the bottom one
Taken off the Punto badge bootlid
Added small italian flags to the rear quater panels
Sprayed the Calipers and colour matched the engine cover

Getting the wheels resrayed tomorrow hopefully, then im going to get the front tinted abarth headlights when they come out in RHD form, not to sure what else to do after, possibly interior stuff :D
Glad you all like it :D

Seems like an idea. Probably get the scuttle panel i think its called done gloss black aswell, looks almost grey instead of black. Im pretty happy with the vinyl cant really justify spending that kind of money on the linea grille.

Its just standard fiat 249 white, mixed a litre in work and gave it to a bodyshop to spray, cost me very little. Heard a few people saying I should have used higher temp paint but its still looking as fresh as ever with 20k+ miles lol :D

What colour you thinking on doing yours?

What have you done to protect the white paintwork? If anything!

Apart from daily washing, I mean!

That's why I ask you see - because I know you guys are even more proud (not paranoid :() about your cars (and paintwork too, I'm guessing) than I am and really want to know what to use to keep it pristine (hand washing only for my current car, those car washes seem to kill the paintwork).

So I shall have to get some wax and see if it makes a difference to the dirt and insects sticking to it (white being a difficult colour IMHO as I have pale blue now) and don't want it to look like a rally car just come off the dirt tracks!

Interesting that you think it a more forgiving colour than red... Mmm...

Thanks for that!

Last edited:
Slight change to the car. Decided to take the coilovers out, to rough for my liking. Couldnt go back to standard height so fired in a set of Eibach Sportlines. Really comfy ride now and slightly lower than standard.

Also painted the foglights yellow just to see what they looked like, might be coming off soon.

DSC02420.JPG

I finally got round to getting rid of the standard tailpiece that sat down far to low and didnt sit right in the cut-out. So I went for an Abarth copy twin tailpiece. Real happy with it, sits far better and fills the cut-out better.

DSC024231.JPG

DSC02422.JPG

DSC02419.JPG

DSC02418.JPG

DSC02417.JPG

Cheers for the comments. Coilovers are a bit screwed! One of the rear shocks was leaking oil and the fronts were siezed in, so I damaged them quite a bit taking them out.

The only place there going is the bin lol

Its a Halfords Tailpiece, got it pretty cheap. Got a exhaust place I use to weld it on. Got it all for 35 quid so cant really complain!

Back