Panda (Classic) My well-used Panda

Currently reading:
Panda (Classic) My well-used Panda

steveyensen

Top beagle and Panda mod
Okay, have a good laff at these ...

My Fiat Panda 1000CL after 13 years of my ownership with 94,000 miles on the clock (not 74,000 as previously stated).

There's plenty of rust here but it is all cosmetic. All the important bits such as the sills have been well-protected with Waxoyl and are rock-solid. Unfortunately so is the gearbox ;) but I'm hoping to get that sorted as most of you already know. I have a 5-speed replacement ready to bolt on and a new clutch too.

panda005.jpg

A limited edition print of this one is available from the Tate Gallery entitled "Still Life". Unfortunately Damian Hurst was fresh out of formaldehyde ...

panda006.jpg

Notice the wonderful work done by my local bodyshop. So good that the paint is flaking off the bonnet. Probably because he only put on one coat of paint. Some low-life chucked mud at it too.

The ground is sloping here. The suspension is perfectly okay with new shock absorbers fitted last year.

panda007.jpg

The famous Italian tinworm's effects on the door and wheelarches! Those looverly wheel trims were picked up from my local scrappie for £5 the four, almost brand spanking new. They're only plastic but are fastened on by the wheel nuts if the aforesaid low-life were daft enough to try and nick them ...

panda008.jpg

Looks almost presentable from the back, doesn't it? The yellow sticker is the usual "A dog is for life, not just for Christmas" one. That thing on the tree is a label, NOT a condom!

panda013.jpg

Notice rusty doors come as standard on these models.

Steve

Drives a Panda 1000CL [:0] but still has a sense of humour!

Nice pictures. When I first bought my car it had very little character. After four years of abuse and numerous prangs and one minor accident, it now has bags of it! Long live rust! :D

arcbanner.jpg

Thanks. I was a teeny bit reluctant to post pictures because of all the shiny motors you all seem to have but what the hell...

Steve

none of us will take the **** steve (well not too much)

in the first photo it looks like you are using it as a flower pot - or is that a hanging basket behind it?

SEI-POWER

They are obviously hanging baskets, yes. The car is on my neighbour's property directly opposite to mine. Unfortunately it is now for sale so the car will have to be fixed and moved pretty damn quick.

The house is an L-shaped two-bedroomed bungalow and is a snip at £125,000 [:eek:]. Ours is an identical design ...

Steve

Nice shots Steve ;)

Luckily mine has so far escaped the dreaded tin-worm by being a part galvanised March '92 model, and can be seen on my website, linked from my profile.

I'm not clever enough to get my photos on here [8)]

Paul

Hi Steve!
Nice shots!
That´s what a call a combat Panda[}:)]
Has it got a sunroof?[8D]
Well rust was on the on the lineaccessori FIAT at this time!;) It was like a bonus:D
Mine has got some too, one the drivers door, in the trunk,..., and I LOVE IT!!!! Makes the car lighter, with less fuel consumption, and a harder acceleration[^]

God save the rusty Pandas!!:D

Bruno

Thank you Bruno, my friend! (The cheque's in the post ;)) It certainly has been through the wars as you say. I love it to bits and am extremely reluctant to part with it, even though it hasn't moved under its own power since last May!

I discovered last weekend that it's mouldy too.

see https://www.fiatforum.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1153 for further details!

And yes, it does have a sunroof. You can just see it in the first photograph. (The shiny bit on the roof)

Steve

ahh i love ur panda.. my first car was a g reg panda too.. had PANDA sprawled down the side of it like go-faster-stripes just in case no-one knew what it was!! i had a sound system in mine that was worth more than the car.. but ya gotta love em aint ya?!:D

I WILL fix it. I WILL fix it. I WILL fix it. I WILL fix it. I WILL fix it. I WILL fix it. I WILL fix it. I WILL fix it. I WILL fix it. I WILL fix it.

I'll keep saying this as a a kind of affirmation!! Maybe this will work. I do have a long-suffering friend who'll help me in exchange for fixing his computer!!

sc_s01.gif
sc_t01.gif
sc_e01.gif
sc_v01.gif
sc_e01.gif
the geriatric, NOS guzzling Panda owner and beagle fanatic ...
beaglerunc.gif

so fix his computer already! or we will all come to see you - pick up your panda and run away with it!!

SEI POWER

NOS Guzzlers are just lower beings :D

I'll post a new pic when the rain stops, as there is considerably more vegetation around her now. Also the lockable post in front of her has jammed :(

sc_s01.gif
sc_t01.gif
sc_e01.gif
sc_v01.gif
sc_e01.gif
beaglerunc.gif

so what you are saying is, that even if you get the car going again, you can't get it out of there?

SEI POWER

NOS Guzzlers are just lower beings :D

Well I can eventually. I just need the Plus Gas to soak in first. Unfortunately the owner of the house lives in Cardiff :(

sc_s01.gif
sc_t01.gif
sc_e01.gif
sc_v01.gif
sc_e01.gif
beaglerunc.gif

That's a long way to squirt Plus Gas :p

Will you warn us when you're going to try it so I can get my 'brolly up [?]

It doesn't half sting when it gets in your eye[:0]

LOL

Actually, Plus Gas is brilliant stuff. I find it much better to use than WD40, although it probably has the same formulation. Or does it?

BTW, I have had the stuff in my eyes more than once. It helps to have the nozzle the right way round :)

Tell ya what, I'll email ya just before I spray it. How 'bout that? I didn't realise that Birmingham is bang on the line of sight between Nottingham and Cardiff [:0]

sc_s01.gif
sc_t01.gif
sc_e01.gif
sc_v01.gif
sc_e01.gif
the almost geriatric, NOS guzzling Panda owner and beagle fanatic ...
beaglerunc.gif

Back