Seicento My Seicento

Currently reading:
Seicento My Seicento

bassy-alex

Bassist Extraordinaire
Right, ive been on here for quite a bit now, so thought i should post some pics of what my cars looking like!

Its a 2001 Sei sporting. My brother had it before me, its a very long winded story, but basically we ended up doing a straight swap of our cars. I wanted a sei after borrowing my dads Seicento schumacher for a month or two, and absolutley loving the car!!!

Anyway, heres some pics (its very dirty in most of the pics :eek: )....

Nice and clean but pre spoiler....

It started of a standard sporting, but over the past couple of months ive added the abarth skirts and spoiler. My bro put the Mile Miglia wheels on whilst he had the car, and they look awesome! They do rub a bit at the back (when someone sits in the back and a bump etc...), but look great. Im kinda looking at changing them tho :( , cos im a bassist and they rub sometimes with my gear in the back, and in the future want to lower it - trouble is im a student and wheels are expensive, so if anyone wants to trade gimme a PM!

Ive got a punto GT brake upgrade to go on, and have already got an airfilter (yes... a K&N:eek: ) and a strutbrace. In the future i want to lower it (properly with shocks and springs) change the wheels (only for practicality) and get the brakes on.

Opinions?!?

Yeah :eek:

Its gonna be a biggy tho.... i reckon it might be easist to put a spi front bumper on, shame it dosent look as good as the mpi. Ive not really decided what im gonna do about it, but its the next thing im gonna be doing....

Cheers!

why are you changing the wheels if you are putting GT brakes on? Surely you would still get the same rubbing problem as you need 14'' for GT brakes???

Good point! I obly really started thinking about changing the wheels today. The wheels are wide - a lot wider than the 14" abarth wheels on my dads schumacher.... I wouldnt mind putting some of those on, and then i wouldnt have to roll the arches.

Trouble is I really like the wheels on the car!!!

bassy-alex said:
Trouble is I really like the wheels on the car!!!

Well i would keep them. Saves you some money in the long run, or spend it on getting rid of the pea shooter exhaust!

Mile miglias look sound on a sei like my TSW's they are 6.5 wide IIRC. I get the same problems as you with the slight catch, but so long as its not every day then it wont cause too much of a problem

Is there any way you can spread the weight better of the gear?

AppleSei said:
Well i would keep them. Saves you some money in the long run, or spend it on getting rid of the pea shooter exhaust!

Mile miglias look sound on a sei like my TSW's they are 6.5 wide IIRC. I get the same problems as you with the slight catch, but so long as its not every day then it wont cause too much of a problem

Is there any way you can spread the weight better of the gear?

They do look good - do you know if lowering with wheels that wide is doable? Have you lowered yours? Or is arch rolling necessary to start lowering?

I dont think there is more than 1 way to get bass gear into a sei!!! I put 2 basses across the back seats, and my amp in the boot. Luckily my amp is very small but powerful (there arnt many amps you could get in the boot of a sei!) however, its pretty heavy, and i think thats where the trouble arrises.... maybe stiffer springs would help?

Cheers!

My modified skoda felicia and my parents cleared a load of debts that he owed them! Im a student, so they were kinda helping me out a bit - its pretty complicated explaining how the whole thing worked, but basically i got this for my felicia....

cheers for the positive comments!!!

bassy-alex said:
They do look good - do you know if lowering with wheels that wide is doable? Have you lowered yours? Or is arch rolling necessary to start lowering?
QUOTE]

It should be doable, no archwork shouldnt need doing on 14'' i am not lowered, maybe a different tyre setup is required to sort out the trouble? If you lowered it you would still get catching more so when laden with stuff

Back