1.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) My Punto Sporting Speedgear

Introduction

Was out today (24/11/2007) in the car and thought I would take some pics.

Black Punto Sporting Speedgear, 52 reg, 27500 miles.

Wanted to keep it mainly standard, just changed the rear lights for mk2b's and put in an uprated Cd player from a 2006 mk2b punto (rrp £469 plus £30 to get Cancheck removed).

What do you think?

CLICK THUMBNAILS TO SEE FULL VIEW!

Ed
Its been really good, from what I've read on here, believe its a subaru designed gearbox! I wouldn't have normally gone for an automatic car, but this is a bit different with it being CVT. It hasn't actually got any gears, it's just different ratios. So there isnt the lag that other cars would get when you change gear, if you set off and put your foot down it will just rev at 5500 rpm until its flat out. It is a bit slower off the mark than a manual, but when you get it over 3000 revs its certainly not. It's a lot of fun to drive. But then on the motorway when you're in the 7th ratio it will do 75mph at 2500revs. You can also have is a manual where you just push the gear lever up and down to change between the ratios, and there is a economy button aswell. So I can't find fault with it, been really impressed with it.

Last edited:
good good lol :D

ive never driven an automatic before.

much rather prefer manuals for the 'overall control' off the car (y)

you will have to get yourself along to some meets and show it off sometime :p

Well I'm probably going to be selling it soon (getting a company car), it''ll be a sad day to see it go!

Its actually on ebay now, as a classified ad. Might put it on the classifieds on here aswell.

how long you had it :eek:

i will be in the same boat in a few years :rolleyes:

or in a few months if this job interview goes well :D

Back