Punto (Mk2/2b) My Punto mk2b (loads of pics)

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk2/2b) My Punto mk2b (loads of pics)

Hey all, newbie here. Im Simon from sunny Dundee
This is my 2005 Mk2b- My baby and i love it;)
I suppose i'm a Fiataholic, as are my family.

We have had an Uno turbo, 3 Tipo's, a Seicento, 3 Punto's and a Stilo
CAR SPECIFICATION:

Model : Fiat Punto Active Sport 3door
Engine Size : 1.2 8v
Year : 2005
Colour : Doo Wop turquoise (Quite rare just now)

ENGINE MODIFICATIONS :

Custom stainless steel twin exhaust

STYLING MODIFICATIONS:

INTERIOR:
Silver painted speedo surround
Abarth pedals
Abarth Mats

EXTERNAL:

Colour coded door Mirrors
Black Vinyl pillars with Abarth badges
Door handles and rubbing strips colour coded
Punto and Active Sport badges removed
Light smoke tinted windows all round with all window stickers removed
SuperBlue headlight bulbs and sidelights
Black Aluminium ariel

CHASSIS:

lowered 35mm
17" Kei Racing Force 8 alloys with 205/40R17 rubber

ICE:

Kenwood CD/MP3 player
Upgraded Alpine door and rear speakers

Pics (loads of them)...................
000_0018.jpg

000_0016.jpg

Newwheels2.jpg

Newwheels3.jpg

Newwheels4.jpg

Fullsize2.jpg

Fullsize3.jpg

000_0193.jpg

DSC00111.jpg

DSC00013.jpg

DSC00012.jpg

DSC00009.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

This is my old Mk1 Punto as well- a 1998 1.2 16v 85SX (my first car)
skirtsspoilerdebadged.jpg

colourcoded.jpg

Im also Admin on www.fiat-scotland.com, so pop over and say hello(y)

the mk2 b looks ace m8, stubble modifications are the best in my opinion - its set off a treat but dosent scream for alot of attention (or dosent look chavish lol! is what im basically saying..)

The colour looks ace, never seen that one before! Bu ive gota say, i would have choosen the same (y)

isn't it slower than the 1.2 16v you had for you first car, would be my only gripe :eek: (HGT fan all the way :rolleyes: )

yeah the 8v is gutless compared to the 16v, but being 20, insurance is cheaper and thats one of the most important factors as im sure some of you will agree. The 17's dont help either, plus im less likely to get caught speeding, tax is £100 a year and its good on petrol.

The only reason i got this mk2b was because i broke the mk1, and i was originally gonna go for a Lagoon blue 16valver, and was away to buy it in the showroom when i seen this one.
This was the first Doo Wop turquoise Punto in Scotland, with only a handful in the rest of the british isles when i got it. I didnt see another for about 6 months, but they are getting a bit more common now:mad:

If i wanna drive something with reasonable go, my dad has a 1.8 16v Stilo Dynamic 5door in crystal green so i nick that for a wee while(y)

Looks ace mate, love the colour and the subtle mods are great.

Thats the kinda way I wanna go with my mk2b Active, nothing over the top but well chosen mods to compliment the Italian design (y)

Sam_MK2B said:
The car looks great, i love the exhaust. I own the mk2b at the moment and was wondering how you got the 17's to fit without it rubbing?

They are on 3mm spacers at the rear, as the rim was rubbing up against the shock absorber bolt.
I get no rubbing whatsoever now though.

The only problems happen when i have 2 or more in the back, and i hit dips etc at high speed.

There is no rubbing on the front with 205 profile tyres and thats lowered -35mm

i dont want any more about though. ;) lol

makes mine more of a head turner.

I was at the Scottish Italian car show yeaterday and my car was on the fiat-scotland stand, and i lost count of the amount of people who asked me if it was a custom colour.

Back