Styling My Punto MK1

Currently reading:
Styling My Punto MK1

Punto McMillan

Hi all, this is me just realised how to make a thread. Had the Punto mk1 60s for good few months now but not done too much to it. heres a list of what i have done and what i still have to do.

DONE

fiat mudflaps
pioneer headunit
K & N air filter 57i kit
'Audiobahn' 10" sub (great for a make iv never heard of)
Punto GT alloys

STILL TO DO

Lower by 30mm
back box or full exhaust kit
colour coded punto sporting body kit

ps photos arent great, will post better ones up soon

Attachments

• Punto (3).JPG
    Punto (3).JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 139
  • P250810_00.31_[01].jpg
    P250810_00.31_[01].jpg
    627.4 KB · Views: 29
  • Photo-0005.jpg
    Photo-0005.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 26
  • dsahudh.jpg
    dsahudh.jpg
    511.4 KB · Views: 23
  • P030910_12.42.jpg
    P030910_12.42.jpg
    847.2 KB · Views: 28
The car looks really tidy, particularly with the white GT alloys. The one thing I would change however is that induction kit. Even with the cold air feed, it will be sucking up plenty of hot air from the region above the head. An induction kit with a bit of piping to take the filter itself to a colder place would be better.

Cheers mate, was an 8 hour all in trip to get those alloys from preston haha never actually gave that a thought m8, il mention tht to my step dad :p car has been off the road for 3 days now too, timing belt went the other day, thot it was a tappit making the noise so tried to get home still driving and broke down outside a shell garage. haha

Aren't you glad you bought an 8v now? Apart from the inconvenience of braking down, no harm done. Since the cambelt failure is probably an indicator of poor servicing in the past, do take this opportunity to give it a good service. A new water pump is cheap, and a doddle to fit if the timing belt is being replaced. This would entail refreshing the coolant too, which is a vital service element. Then it's a quick oil, filter, air-filter and spark plug jobby and you are ready to go. Oh, and that tappety noise, do you think that was caused by shreds of the belt hitting the inside of the cambelt cover? If not, then it could be that the valve clearance needs some adjustment. Get your hands on a new rocker cover gasket, and make sure you leave some of the silicon from the pump job, and you're ready to check clearances (providing you remembered your feeler gauge).

Back