General My OH is smitten with the 500

Currently reading:
General My OH is smitten with the 500

chas379

72 Year Old teenager
My OH has had her 500 1.2 Pop Dualogic for 2 yrs now, she bought it when 10 months old and it is coming up for an MOT.

She is very independent and without fail changes her car just ahead of the MOT date. This time round we went to our, new, local dealership having moved house, to Middleton Fiat, Middleton on Sea.

A very friendly bunch and low and behold, this Thursday she will be picking up a 6 month old 1.2 Lounge Dualogic which has 500 miles on the clock. She wanted the car in red, but there would be a wait time of 8 > 12 weeks for a new one, in which time the P/X on her Pop would have decreased. Mind you all dealers say this!!

The new car is in BNW but there will be an addition of red striping to the sides. Had to get the Red in somewhere!!!

So after 2 yrs with Fiat she is staying loyal to the Make/Model.

She wanted the car in red, but there would be a wait time of 8 > 12 weeks for a new one, in which time the P/X on her Pop would have decreased. Mind you all dealers say this!!

My dealer tried that one when I ordered a 500C in Chillout Purple. I told them that I was ready to buy that day and it was they that couldn't supply me with the car I wanted so any loss in PX would have to be buorne by them and if they didn't like it I would take my business elsewhere.

Needless to say I drive a 500C in Chillout Purple delivered in 10 weeks with the agreed PX value paid for my car.

Did the exchange yesterday. Goodbye 1.2 Pop. Hello 1.2 lounge. Needless to say OH very pleased :D

Attachments

• P1010370.JPG
    P1010370.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 35
  • P1010371.JPG
    P1010371.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 40
  • P1010372.JPG
    P1010372.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 29
Back