General My new Marea

Currently reading:
General My new Marea

Airfan

Folks, I've just bought Fiat Marea Weekend HLX after 2 months of searching.

Here is my beauty:

my_marea.jpg

richardwp

Is it me?
Great looking car. Petrol or diesel? Mines diesel but only the SX. Just wish Fiat would bring out another proper estate/SW to replace it. Stilo SW didn't look too bad, but not as good as the Marea and now there's nothing equivalent; and that drop down bumper is brilliant, especially when you've got dogs or heavy stuff to load in. I've fitted mine out with a hatchbag in a vain attempt to keep it reasoably tidy.

OP
OP
Airfan

Airfan

Well, I find it very comfortable too. I had Renault 11 and Renault 19 until yesterday, but I find the Fiat much more comfortable and full of extras. It is HLX version of the Marea.

Noclu3

Fiat = Ticking BOMB!
Nice looking car!

@ richardwp - The Stilo MW has a very low bootlip, very good for dogs etc etc...

richardwp

Is it me?
Nice looking car!

@ richardwp - The Stilo MW has a very low bootlip, very good for dogs etc etc...

Thanks. I must admit I haven't seen too many and getting a diesel one to replace my Marea Weekend in due course (probably a few years away yet) is likely to be a bit like finding hens' teeth. It was hard enough finding my Marea. Had it over 6 years now and had to badger the dealer to give up his demonstrator in the end, as the only others I could find were petrol. I suppose the advantage of not having the drop-down bumper is that it's easier to fit a standard towbar if you want one.

Last edited:

Hellcat

zombie nation
Thanks. I must admit I haven't seen too many and getting a diesel one to replace my Marea Weekend in due course (probably a few years away yet) is likely to be a bit like finding hens' teeth. It was hard enough finding my Marea. Had it over 6 years now and had to badger the dealer to give up his demonstrator in the end, as the only others I could find were petrol. I suppose the advantage of not having the drop-down bumper is that it's easier to fit a standard towbar if you want one.

I just fitted a detachable Brink towbar.. took 10 seconds to fit or remove, and the hook stored in the side compartments perfectly. Could still use the drop down bumper when it was removed too! :slayer:

OP
OP
Airfan

Airfan

I am sorry for the delay in my answers but I had to register the car in the police. This cost me 4-5 hours.

Unfortunately the engine number is written on very tiny plate and they asked me to disassemble some pieces in order to reach it... not good at all! :bang:

P.S. Sorry for my English. It is not my native language (it is not even close to ti) :rolleyes:

And yes, it is diesel JTD105

By the way, on the computer test the EGR rise an error. Not fatal, right?

mountainmachine

Bravo 155 HGT
No probs about delays in answers this is the point of a forum, no need for folks to all be on at the same time. Any your English is better than some of the people on here, who actually come from the UK.

Hope the police thing wasnt anything bad!

OP
OP
Airfan

Airfan

New car.....new problems.
I notice a water leak just behind the front left wheel. It is not antifreeze, does not have smell and is just like water. (My antifreeze is green)

Any suggestions? :bang:

jug

blessed are the apostates
New car.....new problems.
I notice a water leak just behind the front left wheel. It is not antifreeze, does not have smell and is just like water. (My antifreeze is green)

Any suggestions? :bang:

the sunroof drainage will leak behind each front wheel and infront of each rear wheel.

the window washer bottle is situated in front of the front left wheel so a leak there could be the cause, eiuther a loose or split pipe or a damaged pump gasket. either way its easily fixed.

OP
OP
Airfan

Airfan

the sunroof drainage will leak behind each front wheel and infront of each rear wheel.

the window washer bottle is situated in front of the front left wheel so a leak there could be the cause, eiuther a loose or split pipe or a damaged pump gasket. either way its easily fixed.

Thank you for your answer! I didn't see any drainage pipes or holes and the leak was under a plastic cover so I thought it must be from the climate drainage are something like this.

Anyway, the leak disappeared mysteriously as it showed... probably it was caused from the roof drainage you mentioned, because I washed the car after the insurance company marked their details.

By the way, where is the A/C drainage?

jug

blessed are the apostates
the condenser has drainage to the floor, its in the engine bay, that could not leak to the inside of the car.

you may have leaves blocking the 2 main drainage points on the bulkhead, i think you need to remove the 2 plastic panels below the windscreen to clear them.