General My new 02 MPI Sei

Currently reading:
General My new 02 MPI Sei

slugworth1987

The Ratter
Some know me, most won't been a few years now.

I purchased a little beauti MPI in yellow for £600 last month with a 12 month ticket and a few known issues ??

Well the issues are coming thick and fast but I'm doing my best to fix em up. She's been neglected for 7 years o my doing about 1000 miles per year and having basic oil and filters every year during its MOT.

I've done a few days of spanner turning on her slowly getting back into the groove of owning and maintaining an older car again. It's been to long!

Last edited:
The car

Attachments

• received_125512499508398.jpeg
    received_125512499508398.jpeg
    406.2 KB · Views: 39
Well if you're not gonna update this I guess I might as well :ROFLMAO:

early July I did go visit, only took 1 picture though, so here you go
20210703_131817.jpg

What did we do? test my memory: rear main seal, clutch, pressure plate, sump, fixed leaky coolant pipes... was that it? I think thats it.

Cooling system filled and bled, no leaks of coolant or oil anymore :woot: Can i just add, never seen an oil leak so dramatic before ever in my life :ROFLMAO: - it would seem the sump had been replaced by a baffoon at some point and it just wasnt sealed along the gearbox side at all - rear main seal looked okay which is what we thought was leaking before we started, changed it anyway as we were in there and had a brand spanker. But we undid the bellhousing bolts and oil just poured out like Niagara Falls :doh:

Sadly he was sent the incorrect clutch cable and we had cut the old fubar one off so could actually test drive it (n) I'm confident its all good now though once a new clutch cable goes on.

Last edited:
Back